Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • Take a moment to enter our new BBQ contest here for a chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card! The contest ends on June 30th, so don't delay!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove and replace (2014 CRV) the fiberglass lower lift gate panel (i.e., a garnish Assembly, Tailgate (lower) (part number 74895-T0A-A01ZN)? I see 4 screws inside the lift gate but I am unsure if there are more inside the inner panel (does the inside panel require removal?).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I encountered the same issue. I removed the four screws, however the lower lift panel is held in by other fasteners and its not obvious how to replace it.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,940 Posts
I encountered the same issue. I removed the four screws, however the lower lift panel is held in by other fasteners and its not obvious how to replace it.
Did you figure out how to get it off though? If you did maybe post some pics of the fasteners location to help everyone out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does anyone know how to remove and replace (2014 CRV) the fiberglass lower lift gate panel (i.e., a garnish Assembly, Tailgate (lower) (part number 74895-T0A-A01ZN)? I see 4 screws inside the lift gate but I am unsure if there are more inside the inner panel (does the inside panel require removal?).
I’m resurrecting this thread to add to it.

My 2014 CR-V lower lift gate exterior garnish was pushed inwards when I backed into a pole.
There’s a small gap along the upper edge of the garnish which otherwise looks good.

There are several attachment points which look like blocks molded as part of the garnish which have pointed clips/spikes that insert into holes of clips on the lift gate metal.

The outside/lateral 2 of these along the upper edge are grey, the inner ones are black.

The black ones are the type that pop in or out, not permanent, not one way.

The grey ones are one way, that can only be released from the other side of the metal, that is, from the inside, under the inside panel of the lift gate using a 10mm socket or other tool to release the prongs on the clip.

To forcefully pull on these grey clips will either break them, or more likely, rip the blocks off the garnish.

There are 4 easily seen small bolts at the lateral edges of the garnish that must be removed as well.

The blocks that hold clip parts are designed to break off: they’re extremely weak where they meet the garnish.

I want to remove the garnish to repair the blocks, but I still have to order the special 3M two part adhesive that’s recommended for this sort of repair.

There are videos on the rear latch replacement that show some of the steps required, the clips, and the tools you need for the garnish repair or replacement.

If I ever get around to it, I’ll post some photos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts