Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that there are alot of pre-owned 2014 CRV's with really low mileage (all under 20,000 miles). Anyone have any idea why?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
It seems a lot of people lease them and return them with low miles. My friend keeps 2 leased all the time and has for years. He drives his more than his wife drives hers. He returned his 13 EX-L for a 16 EX a few months ago and it was still like new. The residual value was around $19,000. He says he can lease for $299 per month and he always has a new car under warranty and never has to do anything other than normal service. He had a Pilot he turned in last year when he got a 15 EX-L for his wife. He loved the Pilot but he said it was horrible on gas and switched to all CRVs.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you drive 12k miles or less annually and want a new car every 3 or 4 years, then leasing makes sense. I drive 1k miles per month, so the numbers for leasing won't work for me.

My sister leased a Kia SUV for $250 per month with no $ down for 3 years. The numbers work for her and leasing a Kia is okay. *Their sheet metal is too thin and a grocery cart can cause a lot of damage.

My mom bought a new Hyundai Santa Fe a few years ago and it still has less than 36k miles. She wants a new car and leasing definitely makes more sense per mile than owning and taking the hit on depreciation. Then you have to figure dealing with trade-ins or selling on the open market which can be a hassle.

Leasing has changed in the last 20 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts