Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put snow tires on my 2014 LX stock steel rims and bought a separate set of alloy rims to mount summer tires. I left the stock TPMS sensors on the steel rims and all is well.

What TPMS sensors do I buy (brand, type, rubber vs metal, etc.) for the alloy rims and what is required to program them? Do I need a separate programming unit? I understand the 2014 CRV uses indirect sensors. Thanks folks!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Howdy. Who is giving you information?

2014 CRV' s do not have sensors in each wheel. It's all done with the anti lock brake system. 2014 is the first year for the CRV. 2007 to 2013 used individual TPMS valve/sensors.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I understand the 2014 CRV uses indirect sensors.

The 2014 uses INDIRECT SENSING. That means it acquires it's information to determine adequate tire pressure without sensors. It's a much more sophisticated algorithm than was used on prior indirect systems (prior to 2007) and looks at dynamic vehicle motion and not just wheel RPM differences.

Follow the re-calibrate procedure in your owners manual when you mount different tires. Sidewall flex (different on winter tires vs. all-season) is one of the things tracked via an enhanced stability control system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts