Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2014 CR-V w/38,000 miles last week. I've noticed over the past few days, there's a slight but annoying "stutter" in the engine (maybe the transmission) when I'm accelerating gently. It happens around 2000 RPM and 30 MPH. Lasts a few seconds until the tranny shifts. (it's an automatic transmission) I do have ECO on and it does seem like the stutter is much less if ECO is turned off.

If I stomp on the gas, the stutter goes away. But it also kills my MPG and I'm trying to drive in a MPG-conscious manner. It's not quite "little old lady" level of acceleration, or lack thereof, but I definitely take it pretty easy on the gas pedal and have one eye on the MPG estimation meter in the middle of the speedometer.

Is this "normal"?

I can live with it fine if it is. But I'm concerned that if it's NOT normal, I want to give the dealer hell now while I can. Especially because in three weeks I plan to drive about 6000 miles round trip from Rhode Island to Vegas and back.

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this same problem and apparently only Honda has the computer software to diagnose this. At what cost, not sure yet. But I have had the car a few years and this a new problem. No other issues!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Honda dealers will tell you it's normal. Just like the vibration problems with the CVT transmissions. It doesn't sound normal, have the dealer check it out. Since you're above 36k it may fall under the powertrain warranty which is usually 60k.

Do the 14's have CVT or is it the standard 6sp trans? If it's CVT all bets are off when it comes to getting it resolved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts