Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I have a 2014 CRV Touring.
This model features a navigation radio which is the output point for the backup camera.
Now, I'd love to upgrade to a unit compatible with android auto. That said, if I cannot retain my backup camera, then I'd likely scrap the idea altogether.
Things aren't looking good. I understand there is a plug which you would need to tap into to retain functionality. It seems none of the manufacturers out there have made such a plug for this vehicle.
Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to retain the backup camera?
thanks

·
Registered
2016 EX
53 Posts
Yeah that's weird, when I replaced mine in my 2016 I had to get a radio with an iDataLink port to support he Maestro RR module, that's what allowed me to keep my backup camera on the radio screen, however I don't see that option on Crutchfields website, it just says that the backup camera will continue to function on it's dedicated display.

Does your backup camera show up on the radio display or the iMid display?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's weird, when I replaced mine in my 2016 I had to get a radio with an iDataLink port to support he Maestro RR module, that's what allowed me to keep my backup camera on the radio screen, however I don't see that option on Crutchfields website, it just says that the backup camera will continue to function on it's dedicated display.

Does your backup camera show up on the radio display or the iMid display?
To the radio.
I stumbled upon a video that shows this exact scenario actually

As there is no plug available to retain the camera it looks like you are forced to tap into several wires... Looks a little painful tbh

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a Kenwood in my 14 CRV been to a few places nobody can seem to get the backup camera to link to my Kenwood, not really a big deal to me though it would be nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts