Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I need to add a power accessory socket (cigarette lighter type socket) to power my speed camera detector. It needs to be powered only when the ignition is on. I have used a add a circuit type fuse plugging into the centre console power accessory socket circuit which is only powered when the ignition is on, but the socket i'm trying to add is permanently live even though i'm tapping into a switched live circuit, does anybody have any ideas how to install a switched live additional circuit. Any help would be appreciated..........Thanks

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
It seems to me you've tapped into the wrong side of the circuit if you're tapping into a switched circuit and it's always live.

Disclaimer - I'm not electrical guru by any means so take this for what it's worth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for your reply, i used a "add a fuse " connector which plugs into your chosen circuit and piggy backs it, its the only side of the circuit that you can plug it into and is designed to tap off an existing circuit which i have but still gives me a permanent live ! Just wondering if its anything to do with the canbus system

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I'd check the fuse you're tapped into then because if it's only supposed to be live with the key 'on', it obviously is incorrect.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is live when i plug the add a circuit device in, but the centre console power accessory socket is only switched live and this is the circuit that i am piggy backing, i'm baffled

1 - 6 of 6 Posts