Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any one ever have a problem with pick up ? Today mine like hesitate when I pressed the gas

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I have a '13 which is exactly the same as a '14 and have never had a problem with pick up. Were you at a complete stop when this happend or were you rolling?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Might be an unexpected up-shift?

I am just about to hit 26000 I just don't understand it
In my 2010, when starting around a corner, it up shifts to 2nd too early and seems to have no power at all.

If it does it again, and if you have room, punch it to see if it down shifts indicating it was in 2nd.

One of the BIG differences in the BIG engine upgrade for 2010 is lack of power in 2nd gear at low speeds. My 2007 has a LOT more acceleration at low speed in 2nd than the 2010. I wonder if this was carried to the 2014?

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just bought a used 2014 CRV EXL with FWD last week. About 25,500 miles, so it is still under factory warranty. Today, my husband and I went for a ride. We passed a driveway we needed to enter and had to make a uturn a little ways down the road to get back to it. While making the turn, the CRV wouldn't accelerate and then recovered and accelerated rapidly on the swing around. My husband had to apply the brakes to slow it down. He's a very good driver (made a living at it), so I doubt it was driver error. The car just lost power in the turn, and then regained it in a hurry afterwards. We tried to duplicate the problem but so far no luck. I am concerned that this could happen and cause an accident. Anyone else experience this? I have seen acceleration problems here and on carcomplaint.com. But no resolutions.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Did any one ever have a problem with pick up ? Today mine like hesitate when I pressed the gas
If you were rolling and going about 5mph it may of been the torque converter re-engaging. There's a small window that can cause hesitation, it usually occurs when you roll to a stop sign but don't stop completely then press the accelerator and you get that momentary hesitation while the TC engages.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts