Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crv owner for years, currently have a 2014 EX. At 68000km, discovered it had burned lot of oil and then timing chains - top and bottom - jumped. Oil light never came on!

Had chains fixed and continuing to burn oil (just failed oil consumption test). Today learned drive shaft needs replacing. Is there any chance that the drive shaft is connected to the low oil issues?

This car is not driven hard, very much a short distance commuter but in a snowy climate. For all you service gurus, if this was your car, would you keep it, or get rid of it? My third Crv is very likely to be my last. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,572 Posts
The purchase price for a 2014 EX down in the southern states is around 13k. Don't know what an engine replacement is, maybe around 5k. But with burning oil, chain replacement and crank shaft issues, it sounds like an oil starvation issue. I wouldn't throw anymore parts at it but a engine replacement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts