Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I worked this morning, then had to drive to an appointment about 65 miles away by freeway.

I filled up before leaving and got my normal fuel mileage for around town, just under 18 mpg (90.8 miles, 5.227 US gallons).

Then I left on my trip, which included about 90 minutes at my destination, and then stopped at the same Shell station to fill up when I got back.
I was driving 70-75 mph on the way to the appointment, and then tried to stay at 70 mph on the way back.

131.1 miles using 4.578 US gallons = 28.6 mpg

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sounds about right - for that high speed.

My wife's 2014 CRV got 7.2/L @ 100 kms - which converts to 32 mpg. And that's going 65 mph on Cruise Control with only 1 person in vehicle and with lots of rolling hills...

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So my driving patterns have changed since last year, as I've retired and only drive from my home to the local stores or restaurants. My home is semi-rural. I'm about 8 miles from "town" and there are a couple of 2 to 3 mile long stretches of two lane road at 35-40 mph. And the "town" where I live is a small-to-medium sized college town.

Today I needed something that wasn't available locally, so had to drive about 70 miles one way to the store that had what I needed. I made a side trip on the way back to a restaurant I love, but doesn't have a location in my town. I filled up at my favorite Shell station (with 87 octane) and reset the trip odometer, did my trip stopping three times to shop and eat, then filled up at the same Shell station when I got back to town.
The highway speeds were a steady 70 mph using the cruise control.

187.4 miles using 6.858 gallons of fuel = 27.3 MPG.
iMid display said 26.9 MPG.

The iMid was closer than I expected.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts