Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, fairly new to the V, just picked up my 2014 LX with 36K on it. Time to compile some mods. I have tried searching to find out which fog light kits are available, and what people on the sight have done. I did find a couple of threads, but none really answered the questions I have. On Ebay, you can find a number of kits that contain the black plastic housing along with the lights and a rocker switch. From Honda, there kit includes all the goodies, but also a new lower bumper skin to put the lights into. Can you just cut out the back of the stock circular area where the light would sit behind? I think on a video, maybe for the Gen 3's, it looked like they would just cut the skinned over spot where the light would mount from the back.

I like the way the Honda kit works, with the fog lights integrated on the stalk switch. If you go the Honda route, is there more that you have to buy other than the fog light kit?

Ebay kits, I see that there are some that include Daylight running lights (LED's) as well as the fog's. Has anyone here done those?

Any suggestions are appreciated. If I missed any threads that deal with this, please let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did it, the same way as you described, and now stucked in half way. Got my Fogs to integrate and work, but the outer Fog Cover has finally became a mess as its not fitting up in place.. Any help??

Hi all, fairly new to the V, just picked up my 2014 LX with 36K on it. Time to compile some mods. I have tried searching to find out which fog light kits are available, and what people on the sight have done. I did find a couple of threads, but none really answered the questions I have. On Ebay, you can find a number of kits that contain the black plastic housing along with the lights and a rocker switch. From Honda, there kit includes all the goodies, but also a new lower bumper skin to put the lights into. Can you just cut out the back of the stock circular area where the light would sit behind? I think on a video, maybe for the Gen 3's, it looked like they would just cut the skinned over spot where the light would mount from the back.

I like the way the Honda kit works, with the fog lights integrated on the stalk switch. If you go the Honda route, is there more that you have to buy other than the fog light kit?

Ebay kits, I see that there are some that include Daylight running lights (LED's) as well as the fog's. Has anyone here done those?

Any suggestions are appreciated. If I missed any threads that deal with this, please let me know.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts