Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day!
Today I received 4 spark plugs ordered from ebay for my 2014 CR-V.
My manual indicates that the OEM NGK plugs are # ILZKR7B-11S, Honda part # 12290-R40-A01.
I did receive NGK with the correct part number, but the individual boxes (Honda) indicate a different Honda PN: 12290-R48-H01.
This got me confused, because when I search that Honda part number in honda catalog, it says that they are not for my vehicle.
Anyone know about this?
Thanks!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I don't have an answer your question, but I was wondering, how often are you supposed to change the plugs?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
if the NGK part numbers match then your fine. If it doubt, pull one out of the engine and compare.

Dont order spark plugs based on a Honda part number, literally totally ignore that (and NEVER BUY SPARK PLUGS ON EBAY, 9 out of 10 times they are counterfeit or just some random **** they are way over charging for).

Spark plug changes dont have preset intervals. Too many things can determine plug life.

Personally the best spark plugs I dont run past 50K miles. Some like iridium's are supposed to be good to around 100k

But best bet is READ OWNERS MANUAL. And order stuff like that from the auto parts store, not ebay. Save what maybe $2 but not dealing with BS when they are the wrong ones and such.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
478 Posts
From reading past post in this forum, it looks like the Maintenance Minder will display a B4 code around the 100,000 mile (161,000km) mark.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if the NGK part numbers match then your fine. If it doubt, pull one out of the engine and compare.

Dont order spark plugs based on a Honda part number, literally totally ignore that (and NEVER BUY SPARK PLUGS ON EBAY, 9 out of 10 times they are counterfeit or just some random **** they are way over charging for).

Do you know a way to spot counterfeit spark plugs? Thank you!

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
go to NGK.com they will have a section there that tells you on how to spot a counterfeit plugs. I agree with Tigris. Stay away from Ebay when getting plugs. You can also check the part #'s at NGK.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
The CR-V uses irridium plugs. They are pricey, but irridiums will last over 100k miles. The maintenance minder should trigger between 100-120k miles for a plug change. Platinum plugs are generally good for 70-80k and copper core plugs are usually changed around 30k. Most modern cars are running irridium plugs, with a few still holding onto the platinums.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts