Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new (2014) crv and I found that there doesn't appear to be any recommended maintenance intervals.
That is there is nothing in the owners manual or other assorted books that came with the car and I can't find anything searching google.

I realize there is some kind of oil gauge telling me what percentage of oil is still good but are there any recommendations by Honda for mileage, for trans fluid change, or any other oils, filters, or..... ?? This is my first Honda so don't know how normal all of this is but driving me crazy.

Inquiring minds want to know and I thank everyone in advance for their time and responses.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the info.
I may actually have to re-think some old habits... gee that's never happened before. :rolleyes:

and looks like while I'm re-thinking I might even manage to save some money. Yahoo! :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Your vehicle is equipped with an onboard maintenance minder. It will show percentage of oil life left. Once the minder gets down to about 15%, a code will flash. A1, A2 etc. These codes indicate what service is necessary. The engines in the CR-V are extremely easy on oil so don't be surprised if your MM doesn't flash until about 10,000mi or so. It is a computer so it monitors your driving habits. Just follow the MM intervals and your CR-V will last for a very long time.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
I wouldn't depend entirely on the MM, but for compliance to Honda standards and the new vehicle warranty, it should be fine.
Buffalo4
PS: The MM doesn't actually analyze the oil for contaminants or additive effectiveness and it doesn't analyze the ATF for contaminants or additive effectiveness. It is based on other things, such as mileage and driving habits and etc.
IE: if you check the engine oil and it is black or the atf is dark and smells burnt, take it ti the dealer immediately, no matter what the MM says. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe every new Honda comes with a standard 2 year maintenance (it's not free in some cases). That come with 6 oil changes ( not sure if you have to use them all in 2 years). So you can get your oil change every 4 months if you want :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.