Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is a 2014 EX-L 2 wheel drive with factory navigation system. It suddenly has decided to avoid freeways at all costs. That is now the default. Also cannot change to QWRTY keyboard. I have to change routing preference on eachtrip. Yes, I have looked thru the manual several times and have tried changing default values. They will only stay changed for one trip. Any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, that should set everything to factory defaults. The alpabet keyboard is the default and I would prefer the QUERTY keyboard. It will not accept the changes, Should doing a reset help?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you tried resetting the navigation system?
Did the reset to factory defaults. Then changed settings to QUERTY keyboard and that worked. Still chooses minimum freeway for every destination unless I change it after entering the destination. I would like Max freeways to be the default for all destinations. Is there a way to do that?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I have a copy of the 2008 CR-V Navigation Manual and there's a Changing the Route Method that offers several options, including Maximize Freeways.

Do you have the Navigation Manual?

·
Registered
639 Posts
I cannot believe anyone uses the sorry built-in navi - I have it because it is a Touring but I still use my smart phone. It has much better maps and directions if I need them.

Besides it if fun to drive down a 4 lane highway and watch the built-in navi show me driving in fields and lakes where highway was built 5 years ago but still not in the Honda navi updates.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a copy of the 2008 CR-V Navigation Manual and there's a Changing the Route Method that offers several options, including Maximize Freeways.

Do you have the Navigation Manual?
I have the 2014 Navigation Manual. After you enter a destination it gives you a "Route Pref." option. Freeways always comes up with "Minimize" while toll roads and ferries come up as "Maximize" I can change it, but only for that one trip. I would like MAX Freeways to be the default. I think it was until the last few weeks. I cannot figure out what happened or how to fix it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I cannot believe anyone uses the sorry built-in navi - I have it because it is a Touring but I still use my smart phone. It has much better maps and directions if I need them.

Besides it if fun to drive down a 4 lane highway and watch the built-in navi show me driving in fields and lakes where highway was built 5 years ago but still not in the Honda navi updates.

Does your system use a DVD for the data base? My 2000 ODY did. My 2014 uses an Internet database that seems to be up to the minute. I have been told it is the Tom-Tom data base. The 2000 was out of date unless you purchased a new DVD frequently.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That seems odd. My 2014 appears to be updated almost constantly as it shows closed roads etc. on an hourly basis. Could it be using the Tom-Tom data base as I have heard?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow! I was really mislead and wrong about the data base on my 2014. It is not updated automatically. Second item - I talked to Honda in Torrance - the "Minimize Freeway" is a factory default and can only be changed after you select a destination. The maximize toll roads and ferries are also factory options and can only be changed after the destination is selected. So, it is a case by case selection. Case closed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts