Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my first Honda, a 2014 CR-V EX-L. It is slightly used with just under 9200 miles. So far (only 2 weeks) my wife is liking it but I'm starting to question Honda's quality and durability. When she washed it this weekend she found that the right rear quarter panel is loose. Has anyone else had problems with these panels becoming loose. Seems to be a plastic panels that is only held on with plastic push pins.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Your right rear quarter panel is not loose, the quarter panel is a stamped steel piece of the uni-body structure. The right side of your rear bumper cover may be loose and while there are plastic push pins along with other fasteners holding the cover in place, they are not loose in anyway when Honda delivers the vehicle. Someone has had an issue with yours and needed to remove or reattach the cover (at least partially) and did not secure it properly.

So yes, your questioning of Honda's quality is misdirected. It may be time to see a body shop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I called it the right rear quarter panel because it was under the right rear side window. It does attach to the rear bumper at the bottom though. I'm going to look into it a little deeper tomorrow and determine the cause. It seemed to me at 9200 miles and never wrecked according to the Honda dealership, that there should not be any loose panels and I mean not any thing loose. I will dig deeper into and figure out the problem though. Thanks for clarifying exactly what I'm calling it though.

·
Registered
236 Posts
It's not uncommon for a plastic fastener to come loose. It happens to all sorts of car makes and is not a reflection of inferior quality. It's just a bad fastener. It can be easily replaced and the panel re-secured.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts