Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've searched the web, this forum, etc... and all I can find are OEM roof rail installation instructions.
I just received my eBay roof rails yesterday (really didn't want to go this round but at 1/3 of dealer cost, what the heck).

The instructions that came with mine are in Chinese, and from what I can tell the installation is different from OEM, where the photos seem to look like notches are cut out for the bolts, and most of the original trim stays in place. My rails came with a full rubber bottom, that I assume just sits on top if the existing trim to seal it.

The only issue I see is measurements, in English, it shows to cut the trim 2cm on either side of each bolt to uncover them and allow this rail to fit, but doesn't give an original cut location. I guess I just assume I have to pull up the trim to find the bolts, and measure 2cm out each way? I was just hoping to dremel out the holes in the trim piece without having to lift it :D

Anyone else get this style of rail?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok eff it... I did it the way I thought. Front and rear I just drilled a hole larger than the nuts. Dremeled out the 2 middle sections and clipped the whole trim piece back on. Bolted this on overtop and looks good, fits well :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts