Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

421 - 440 of 476 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Well I just drove 200 miles and the TPMS light came on again. This, after TSB 14-006 was handled. Tires measured, they are all 33-33.5 psi.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well I just drove 200 miles and the TPMS light came on again. This, after TSB 14-006 was handled. Tires measured, they are all 33-33.5 psi.
That is about how mine is working. I don't see it as a major problem. I just reset the monitor if the tires look ok and watch the monitor to ensure it does not come on again quickly.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
I don't think its overkill, unless you are in the midst of a highway trip, since it takes 20 minutes driving between 30-60mph for the calibration to complete.

·
Registered
47 Posts
At least in the USA there is TSB and software update. My Honda dealer in Nanaimo apparently never heard of the issue ;-) I directed them here.

I can replicate the light coming on on the same exit ramp with those reflectors on the exit ramp. If you ride those bumpy reflectors for more than a few seconds it will come on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently bought a Certified Pre-owned 2014 CR-V, and although the TPMS light has come on, it is not as frequent as what some people are reporting.
One time was due to a tire 6 psi low, but the other couple times there was no problem. I have driven it about 4,000 miles.

I guess I will get with the dealer and have them check if TSB 14-006 dated December 17, 2014 has been done, scene the TSB states VIN Range as ALL vehicles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just found this thread. My low tire pressure warning light has been coming on since my 2014 CR-V EX-L NAV was new. It's been in the shop three times, and had the 14-006 computer flash. The light still keeps coming on. I mainly drive around town and don't have a problem. However, after driving it for an extended period of time at freeway speeds the light comes on, proving a false reading. I filed NHTSA complaint and called Honda customer service. The representative who is handling my case was very quick to recommend the California Lemon Law as an option. I find if very curious that he would mention that during the first call.

The last time I took the car to the dealer, the service advisor just shrugged his shoulders and says they have many cars coming into his shop for the tire pressure light. After filling me with a tremendous amount of BS about ambient temperature variations in California, I surmised that Honda didn't have an answer to the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Swapped out nitrofill valve caps (some stripped?) with caps (regular) from old vehicle in hopes of stopping indirect TPMS false warnings. Just putting it out there on the off chance. Quick check did not see any mention of this (possible/impossible) relation. Three weeks and counting-no light.2015 CR-V EXL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone who is interested can visit safecar.gov. It's the NHTSA website for reporting vehicle defects. Look at the tire category for 2014 CRV's. The latest entry was from a fellow in Roseburg, OR who has had the low tire pressure light come several times. After repeatedly taking it to his local dealer, they told him they had no idea how to fix his car. This is where I'm at as well. American Honda has provided me the WORST service possible. Many promised phone calls were not made, and many promises were not keep. The latest time my light came on (October) I called the case manager. He failed to return my call.

All I wanted was to get some sort of technical help since the dealer couldn't do anything else. Nada, nothing.

I was finally forced to file for arbitration due to American Honda's unresponsiveness. I like the car, and it's easy to tow behind my motor home. However, how can I sell the car in good faith with all the service records for the same problem. The value of the car has been impacted. Resale value is exactly why I bought a Honda.

I was called by a representative from American Honda after filing for arbitration. All she would do is question me on exact tire pressures (which were always set by the dealer) and the fact I tow it behind my motor home. More blame game just like the service advisor blaming the problem on temperature variations between night and day in California. Bottom line is the car has a factory defect with a federally mandated safety device.

·
Registered
13 Posts
As a post script to my TPMS story, I no longer own the car. After dealing with American Honda for months and being treated lousy, I filed for arbitration and won. Honda bought back my car. My dealer was very good. However, the attitude at Honda Corporate sucks. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!. They act like they do not care for loyal customers.

·
Registered
454 Posts
As a post script to my TPMS story, I no longer own the car. After dealing with American Honda for months and being treated lousy, I filed for arbitration and won. Honda bought back my car. My dealer was very good. However, the attitude at Honda Corporate sucks. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!. They act like they do not care for loyal customers.
What car did you buy?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I need a car to tow behind my motor home. I purchased a Chevy Equinox V6. Gas mileage is worse but it is so much quieter and solid feeling.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought a used '14 CRV-EX-L yesterday from a Nissan dealer. About half way home the dreaded TPMS light came on. I'll check pressures today and re-calibrate the system. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
When I checked the tire's they were over inflated to 38 psi. I readjusted to 30 psi. I reset the system by pushing the TPMS button for 2 sec and the light went out. I was not able to drive the car for the required 30 minutes at between 30 and 60 mph to calibrate, so I expect the light may come on again.
The manual says the calibration is automatic and requires the 30 minutes of driving at the 30 to 60 mph but does not say if it needs to be done in a specified time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well knock on wood, I've driven about 100 miles and the TPMS light has not re-illuminated. My '14 V requires tire press of 30 psi all around. Don't know why the dealership I bought the car from had inflated the tires to 38.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We also tow our vehicle behind a motorhome. We had an Equinox for 2 weeks while our CR-V was being repaired after an accident. Couldn't wait to get the CR-V back; hated the Equinox. Poor acceleration with the 4 cylinder; poor handling and turning. You can enjoy driving the CR-V, that feeling was lacking in the Equinox.

421 - 440 of 476 Posts