Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

461 - 470 of 470 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a 2014 CRV AWD EX-L last month and within a week had problems with the TPM system. After multiple trips back to the dealership to check pressure, reset light etc I was promised that they would replace the system if it happens again. The light was back on before I returned home. I called the dealer to tell them the light was back on and please order the part as I'd be in again on Monday to get it fixed. Monday am I showed up and was told that it is a "Honda programming problem"- they know about it and there is nothing they (dealership) can do about it. I contacted Honda and was told there is no known problem and it's the dealerships problem.

At this juncture I hate the car and drive it as little as possible, relying instead on my 1998 CRV for transportation. I will own up to the fact that I'm overly sensitive to this light as I had it in my previous vehicle (Toyota) and when I ignored it had a blow out on the freeway. Luckily that car had a good stability system and no one was hurt. I don't trust the 2014 CRV to respond as well.

I don't know what to do at this point. The dealer won't take the car back and Honda doesn't seem interested in fixing it. To say I'm disappointed in the car is an understatement. This is my 3rd (and last) CRV. I bought the Honda over the Subaru as I thought Hondas were good, reliable cars. Clearly they've gone downhill. Interestingly enough a friend of mine also bought a 2014 CRV a a week after me and is having the same problem (different dealership).

Anyone else having this problem? Thoughts on how to proceed
w017 CRV the has been showing lo

·
Not-a-Mechanic
295 Posts
When we first got our 2011 I had the same sort of issue. I had one replaced, light continued to come on when it shouldn't. Eventually the problem went away, now if the thing comes on, I have a tire down around 25.
I've seen this "nothing we can do about it" from dealerships too often, it's bull stuff, 2014? really?
So I'd recommend driving on for a few months, it may clear up. Then try another dealer and/or contact Honda.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just picked up a 2011 CR V a month ago. and twice now (both on longer trips ,after driving around 2 hours) the TPMS light ( Not the low pressure warning light) came on and stayed on for about 50 miles then went out and stayed out ????

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I had the same experiences on my 2014 CR-V with the issue of TPMS light during the first three years after the purchase. Ironically, I got a flat tire after I was tired of the false alarms occurred for several times. Fortunately, it was on a local road so everyone was safe. However, it had a front axle seal transmission oil leak two year ago (fixed by the dealer under the powertrain warranty) and a major oil leak from timing chain cover one month ago, which shorted out all fuses in the primary fuse box with a cost at $3,000 for resealing the timing chain cover and replacing all fuses by a Honda dealer. Unluckily, it was occurred a few months after the expiration date of the 5 year warranty although the vehicle got only 50,xxx miles. The dealer and Honda customer services refused to give me any settlement/refund on the repair because my vehicle was out of warranty. It really sucks. The Honda brand is truly going downhill as someone else here mentioned before.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you all for your posts. I agree that monitoring tire pressure (as well as oil/other fluids) is the responsibility of the driver. I think the trend is to rely solely on technology for basic safety/maintainance issues and I'm not ready to do that. I appreciate your suggestions and will team up with my friend (she takes her car in next Sat- it will be interesting to hear what they tell her) to get it fixed. In the meantime I will ask the dealer about the TSB.....what does ECU stand for?

re: 2007-2013 TPM system...I've heard the 2014's moved to a different system...

Thanks again for your help!
To answer your last question Janet, the ECU is the Electronic Control Unit ...

461 - 470 of 470 Posts
About this Discussion
469 Replies
109 Participants
Foundoneatlast
Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums
Honda CR-V Owners Club forum, the best hang-out to discuss CVT, Hybrids, trim levels and all things CR-V
Full Forum Listing