Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took possession of a 2014 Honda CRV a year ago.
The transmission has been whining at the 80 KPH threshold since I purchased it.
Took it in and the dealer agreed to replace the transmission with a new one.
They called today to say it will not be a new one but a remanufactured one - no choice.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Took possession of a 2014 Honda CRV a year ago.
The transmission has been whining at the 80 KPH threshold since I purchased it.
Took it in and the dealer agreed to replace the transmission with a new one.
They called today to say it will not be a new one but a remanufactured one - no choice.
If that's what they use that's what they use. I've never seen a new one put in , it's always reman.
It's warranted so what's the big deal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If that's what they use that's what they use. I've never seen a new one put in , it's always reman.
It's warranted so what's the big deal.
Whats the big deal - what Honda dealership do you work for?
I asked at the time if it would be a reman or a new one and I was told that with only 7000K on the V that it would be a new transmission.

·
Registered
229 Posts
They told u up front it would be reman , you said they called...
New sometimes gets confused with 'replaced'. Ours had bit of a whine went away after we topped up the trans, was .4 low.
Still do not understand what your big whoop is about you'll have full remainder warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They told me it was the final drive gear and it seems to be a problem that goes back years with other models as well - Ridgeline for instance

·
Registered
644 Posts
How bad is the whine? Can you hear it over the road noise and the music? Did you try topping off the ATF and even a drain and refill?

Asking because, with a replacement and a reman you bring in a lot more things that could go wrong. No dealership is like the Honda factory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts