Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out where the ANC is located for the 2015 or 2016 CR-V EX-l model? I could not find it behind the glove box nor to the right of the glove box as is the case with 2017+ CR-Vs and civics. I have not been able to find this information on the 2015/2016 cars. I did find a Pioneer satellite comms box to the right below the glovebox compartment with two cables to it, but I doubt that is the ANC. Searching for a Honda disassembly diagram for the ANC module has been futile.

Alternatively, is there a way to disconnect it from the back of the head unit instead? If so how do I figure out which cable it is?

Thanks!

·
2,247 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Now that thar's funny, I don't care who you are!!! Good moniker! I've seen several threads with instructions on how to disable the ANC, so try a search. You also might search on YouTube. If you find it let us know.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Has anyone figured out where the ANC is located for the 2015 or 2016 CR-V EX-l model? I could not find it behind the glove box nor to the right of the glove box as is the case with 2017+ CR-Vs and civics. I have not been able to find this information on the 2015/2016 cars. I did find a Pioneer satellite comms box to the right below the glovebox compartment with two cables to it, but I doubt that is the ANC. Searching for a Honda disassembly diagram for the ANC module has been futile.

Alternatively, is there a way to disconnect it from the back of the head unit instead? If so how do I figure out which cable it is?

Thanks!
Are you sure it has it?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum! Now that thar's funny, I don't care who you are!!! Good moniker! I've seen several threads with instructions on how to disable the ANC, so try a search. You also might search on YouTube. If you find it let us know.
There are many threads on ANC in the forum as well as for civics/pilots in YouTube videos. However on the forum they're usually year 2017 and newer, I have found nothing so far on 2015/2016 models. The reason this seems to matter is because in all my amateurish research the ANC module is usually located behind the glovebox or to the right of the glovebox. My vehicle has nothing in those locations.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you sure it has it?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Yes. When I go into diagnostics mode on the head unit, in Audio category there's an "ANC check" setting that's set to ON by default. As expected, it won't stay off when I start the car up again though. I want to physically disconnect the ANC but have been unable to find it in my 2015 or 2016 CRV EX-l. The glovebox locations everyone is talking about, it is not there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts