Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I was able to get a CarPlay update for the 2015-2016 CRV EX and above. I was able to get a USB stick that had it work perfectly this is the beta software that was released and it works well, only thing I've noticed is CarPlay when you turn your car on will take up to 20 seconds to load up but when it does its very snappy. I made a copy of the usb contents and have it posted with instructions here. I can't confirm that this works because when I tried to duplicate it I was not able to get a update prompt the second time around (this happened with the original USB that performed the update and the copy that I made). But here goes, let me know if it works at all for you guys. I'm pretty stoked that this works and I don't have to change out any hardware to get CarPlay. BTW all functionality including steering wheel controls work.

1. What you want to do is make sure that when you download this file that it is transferred to a usb drive that is formatted at FAT32, name the drive USB20FD.
2. In the car make sure all doors are closed and everything is off, windows up.
3. Turn car on and wait for the head unit to fully load. Plug the drive into the USB port to the left. Wait 2 minutes for the update message to show up, select the update and wait for it to finish to 100% it might stall at the end at 99%.
4. Follow all prompts.
5. You will see CarPlay as an icon on the headunit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If this works I will build a statue of you and pray to it every day.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
LOL, that's amazing, just doing my duty. I did notice you posted this with a Pixel I should mention androidauto as far as I know does not work, just CarPlay.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have an old iPhone 6 that can live in the car. Mainly use it for music and my messaging app. I would guess my phone will still be connected through Bluetooth for phone calls (not through carplay). But I think I could make it work. I'll update this when I get a chance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks like it was uploaded a few months back, a video was from longer than that. Either way hope this helps someone I didn't see the file uploaded either.

·
Registered
97 Posts
looks like it was uploaded a few months back, a video was from longer than that. Either way hope this helps someone I didn't see the file uploaded either.
I'll confirm what others said in the other thread my 2015 touring gives an "USB Error" when inserting the update. Seems it's ex and ex-l only. Maybe SE in canada as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll confirm what others said in the other thread my 2015 touring gives an "USB Error" when inserting the update. Seems it's ex and ex-l only. Maybe SE in canada as well.

yea mine is a EX, so EX and EX-L it is, non nav models.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was able to get this to work!!!

2015 EX-L, followed instructions but one thing to note is to have the security code handy for your head unit. For some reason the one i got online from Honda's site wouldn't work. Not sure but after a few turn off/on it some how skipped it, but im going to call dealer monday to find out correct code.

Not sure if this new revision requires a different code or not?

Sorry for bad picture quality I did this late last night

·
Registered
1 Posts
so I was able to get a CarPlay update for the 2015-2016 CRV EX and above. I was able to get a USB stick that had it work perfectly this is the beta software that was released and it works well, only thing I've noticed is CarPlay when you turn your car on will take up to 20 seconds to load up but when it does its very snappy. I made a copy of the usb contents and have it posted with instructions here. I can't confirm that this works because when I tried to duplicate it I was not able to get a update prompt the second time around (this happened with the original USB that performed the update and the copy that I made). But here goes, let me know if it works at all for you guys. I'm pretty stoked that this works and I don't have to change out any hardware to get CarPlay. BTW all functionality including steering wheel controls work.

1. What you want to do is make sure that when you download this file that it is transferred to a usb drive that is formatted at FAT32, name the drive USB20FD.
3. Turn car on and wait for the head unit to fully load. Plug the drive into the USB port to the left. Wait 2 minutes for the update message to show up, select the update and wait for it to finish to 100% it might stall at the end at 99%.
4. Follow all prompts.

I just joined to say this worked on my 2016 EX-L;thank you!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts

4. Follow all prompts.

Hello guys,
Can anyone replace expired link from wetransfer?
This is my first post, I recently join the crv club.
Thank you
Laur

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello guys,
Can anyone replace expired link from wetransfer?
This is my first post, I recently join the crv club.
Thank you
Laur
Go into the thread referenced early in this topic, you can still find the download there. Even though that guy said it would expire after 60 days it appears to still work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to chime in and say thank you! The only moment of panic was when the touchscreen wouldn't come back on. I held the power button down for a couple seconds and the unit came right up to asking me if I wanted to enable Apple Car Play.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts