Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

241 - 260 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Much appreciated. This community’s been great for this kind of thing. Makes me glad to contribute here.
Sorry for the late response. I will upload a video to YouTube to show and link it here. But in the mean time, go into hidden diagnostic menu (Home+Power+Eject) and then click the top box to confirm - your GPS box is red if it is unplugged, right?

Press Back button and click the bottom box. Press and hold Menu button until it takes you to the next menu. You will see something called Special Function Setting.Tap on it, and you will see the setting at GPS time to adjust mm/did/yyyy and hour:min:sec. Give this a try. I’ve attached an image.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry for the late response. I will upload a video to YouTube to show and link it here. But in the mean time, go into hidden diagnostic menu (Home+Power+Eject) and then click the top box to confirm - your GPS box is red if it is unplugged, right?

Press Back button and click the bottom box. Press and hold Menu button until it takes you to the next menu. You will see something called Special Function Setting.Tap on it, and you will see the setting at GPS time to adjust mm/did/yyyy and hour:min:sec. Give this a try. I’ve attached an image.
Thanks for the instruction set. Maybe I didn't do something quite right, but I tried this, and it still won't get the correct time for me. I'll wait for the video you're working on!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for the instructions! Can someone show me a link, which is still working to download the file? I tried both in the forum and sadly they expired.
Thanks a lot!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
So you weren’t able to get to that screen? Or you were able to get to that screen but couldn’t adjust the time?

Thanks for the instruction set. Maybe I didn't do something quite right, but I tried this, and it still won't get the correct time for me. I'll wait for the video you're working on!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I tried with 03 difference usb Please help CRV2016
Buy a Kingston DataTraveler usb 3.0 32gb stick. That’s what I used on two CRVs. Single partition, Fat32, default allocation, rename usb stick during the formatting process. Do it on a Windows computer. Don’t rename the file (keep it as what it is named)

·
Registered
50 Posts
So you weren’t able to get to that screen? Or you were able to get to that screen but couldn’t adjust the time?
Just to clarify, I got to the screen in question. I was able to change all the date and time, and I was extremely hopeful that it'd work. So once I set it, the time changed, but it was still wrong. Doesn't seem to matter what I set it to, either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,I own a CRV (2012-2017) but from 2018, one of the lasts units of previous generation. In Spain models are not EX or EXL, how could i know if the software works??

I see my car identical to the one in the average guy diy video except for the start button (mine is turned on with the key)

Thank you very much

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just downloaded the link on a USB 2.0. I followed all the step. But My CR-V didn't recognize the USB. It never ask me if I want to upload the folder.
Anyone else come from Quebec and can help me? I think it doesn't work because my car is in French. 😫
P.a. I've a Honda CR-V 2016 EX.
Salut, je suis de Québec et je viens d'updater ma Honda CR-V 2015 (menu en français). Tout marche bien.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You’ll get a USB error. It’s not going to work on the EX-L with Navigation or the Touring by default. I purchased an EX head unit and swapped it out in my EX-L with Navigation to get this to work and maintain compatibility.
Ok so the EX head unit support side and rear camera ? I wasn't sure... Would you, by any chance kept the part number ? :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tried it again with those conditions met. Still getting "USB Error. Please try again." I think there just will have to be a separate file for units with navigation.
I have same problem I don't know what I have to do

I joined the forum just to say THANKS this worked perfectly! So far it seems solid, and CarPlay functionality is nearly identical to my 2018 accord. My install did hang at 99% long enough for me to start to get nervous, but it worked Perfectly! in my 2015 CR-V EX View attachment 139493 View attachment 139494 View attachment 139495
Hello can you help me
Please
USB problem please try again

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ok so the EX head unit support side and rear camera ? I wasn't sure... Would you, by any chance kept the part number ? :)
The EX and EX-L without Navigation support the side and rear cameras for sure. Worked perfectly for me. The EX-L with Navigation and Touring models use the same head unit, and to the very best of my knowledge, there is no compatible upgrade floating around that works with the navigation-equipped head units.

This is where I got mine from. I switched from an EX-L with Navigation to this one. It was mostly pretty easy, although several of us ran into an issue with it on startup that I believe I found a fix for earlier in this thread.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The EX and EX-L without Navigation support the side and rear cameras for sure. Worked perfectly for me. The EX-L with Navigation and Touring models use the same head unit, and to the very best of my knowledge, there is no compatible upgrade floating around that works with the navigation-equipped head units.

This is where I got mine from. I switched from an EX-L with Navigation to this one. It was mostly pretty easy, although several of us ran into an issue with it on startup that I believe I found a fix for earlier in this thread.
Thank you very much Sir, I just ordered my from the same place as you :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Now I just bought an EX-L without navigation radio (39100-T1W-A41-M1) to put in my 2016 Touring but the seller expressed some concerns since my Touring is a Canadian Model... Do you guys think there will be any issues ?

241 - 260 of 288 Posts