Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for your great contribution to this thread. One question, what type of usb did you use? I tried 3 different usbs, but none of them worked.. it always said "usb problem". And I have tried in 2 usb ports, same problem.....
Perhaps try another FAT32-formatted USB stick plugged into USB port 2?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just wanted to post that I did a small errand today and now everything looks good, speed reported correctly and map looking the way it should.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your help! After trying in 5 different flash drives, finally I got it! Very nicely running in my car at the beginning, However, I did noticed the GPS problem as reported by others. Will try to disconnect the builtin GPS later today.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Follow up - removing the GPS cable may have helped. I drove yesterday and the GPS was reporting incorrectly, but after unplugging the cable the issue was immediately remedied. I've been going through this since January, where it would work great for weeks and then not work right for days/weeks. I need to do a few more trips before deciding if the GPS-cable solution worked.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well, I kinda gave it the acid test today. I drove on an Interstate at 70, a state highway at 55, and various streets from 25 to 45. It tracked the speed perfectly. Very happy all is working well now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone have any leads on where an update file for the units with navigation might exist?
May not be popular given the extra coin you spent on the navigation, but you could potentially swap out a non-Navi touch screen. looks like they run around $170 on eBay and the plugs on the back look the same (though no guarantee). I prefer the OEM look and in theory all camera would integrate perfectly.

My wife‘s odyssey has navigation and I tried using it one time and vowed to never use it again - it criminal on how much it cost vs what you get. If I could swap out the odyssey head unit for $170 and get CarPlay, I would be all over it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
May not be popular given the extra coin you spent on the navigation, but you could potentially swap out a non-Navi touch screen. looks like they run around $170 on eBay and the plugs on the back look the same (though no guarantee). I prefer the OEM look and in theory all camera would integrate perfectly.

My wife‘s odyssey has navigation and I tried using it one time and vowed to never use it again - it criminal on how much it cost vs what you get. If I could swap out the odyssey head unit for $170 and get CarPlay, I would be all over it.
This isn’t a bad idea, presuming it’s possible to do so. Hopefully someone just has the correct file, though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for all the info and instructions. I bought my 2015 CRV EX in mid-May and found this forum while looking for different front cup holders... I now have CarPlay running smoothly... next those too big cup holders... :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can now confirm that unplugging the gps antenna plug from the back of the unit fixed the loss of direction issue. Carplay now runs perfect. Thanks everyone who contributed!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
The HondaLink system seems to run just a tad bit slower than before and the CarPlay has just a slight bit of lag compared to newer vehicles.
Trying to gauge whether to install this or not. Could you please elaborate on 'a tad bit slower' for the HondaLink and 'slight bit of lag' for the CarPlay? Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Trying to gauge whether to install this or not. Could you please elaborate on 'a tad bit slower' for the HondaLink and 'slight bit of lag' for the CarPlay? Thanks.
Never mind - I went ahead and did it. Well worth it. Thanks to those who posted!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Logged in just to report that It works! I installed it using the 2nd USB slot in the arm rest. It took 2 attempts for some reason after it started, screen went black and restarted at 0% but worked. When at 99% complete the red light above the home button flashes red for a few minutes as reported but works once completed! Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New owner here and I am excited to have found this thread!
I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to uninstall the update if things should ever stop working in the future.
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very good question. I am also looking for answer.

New owner here and I am excited to have found this thread!
I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to uninstall the update if things should ever stop working in the future.
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Follow up - removing the GPS cable may have helped. I drove yesterday and the GPS was reporting incorrectly, but after unplugging the cable the issue was immediately remedied. I've been going through this since January, where it would work great for weeks and then not work right for days/weeks. I need to do a few more trips before deciding if the GPS-cable solution worked.
Can you share step by step on unplugging the cable?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to everyone who posted/reiterated instructions and photos! I just finished update and it proceeded as anticipated, hiccups and all. But since there were ample warnings, none of the hiccups gave me a heart attack :) Notes from my installation are:
1) USB Port #2 was used
2) Install seemed to restart itself almost immediately (after only a few %), but then proceeded on its own all the way to 99%
3) Sat at 99% for a good long time, between 5 and 10 minutes: DON’T TOUCH ANYTHING
4) Rebooted itself with message that update completed and USB drive could be removed
5) Got the dreaded security code screen. I don’t see a sticker in the glove box, and pressing on the power button didn’t work. I started the car, then press the power button, and the system started normally, no code required.

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you!
0068E56F-77C8-4D2A-8F52-3837633A7F69.jpeg
62A6A1BB-0ED9-49CA-A8D0-13EFD33C01B0.jpeg
CAE13463-D908-4EB6-BC9C-086B19F11E3C.jpeg
65A5F142-3A8C-4383-8EF4-26AD85AA390F.jpeg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can you share step by step on unplugging the cable?

101 - 119 of 119 Posts