Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

121 - 140 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
This isn’t a bad idea, presuming it’s possible to do so. Hopefully someone just has the correct file, though.
Are u going to try this? I thinking about doing it because mine is the touring so I have the nav version but if everything plugs and play with the no nav version I might give it a try.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are u going to try this? I thinking about doing it because mine is the touring so I have the nav version but if everything plugs and play with the no nav version I might give it a try.
I've briefly considered it, but life gets in the way, as it has a habit of doing. I'd really rather get the head unit I have updated, to be honest. :\

·
Registered
2016 EX
52 Posts
For all those asking if a radio from an EX or EX-L can be fit into a touring model I'm going to try this at some point if you guys don't feel like being a guinea pig. I have my old stock radio from my 2016, and I plan to see if I can put it in my Aunts 2015 Touring so she can use CarPlay. Not sure when exactly I'll get the chance to do it, but I hope to in the next two weeks or so.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone have any leads on where an update file for the units with navigation might exist?
I’m thinking on getting a non navigation headunit from ebay and swap it to see if it plugs and play on my 2016 Crv touring that way I can update it to have Apple CarPlay

·
Registered
2015 CR-V EX
2 Posts
Question for 2015 EX-L owners who have installed the update successfully: can anyone confirm that SiriusXM continues to work correctly? I have a friend who has the EX-L who is interested in adding CarPlay. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was able to get this to work!!!

2015 EX, followed instructions but one thing, i was unable to install s/w in usb 1. I got, “unable to read from the USB” message. After changing to port 2, I was able to install the software successfully. Thank you so much @motouber. You saved me spending more on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
so I was able to get a CarPlay update for the 2015-2016 CRV EX and above. I was able to get a USB stick that had it work perfectly this is the beta software that was released and it works well, only thing I've noticed is CarPlay when you turn your car on will take up to 20 seconds to load up but when it does its very snappy. I made a copy of the usb contents and have it posted with instructions here. I can't confirm that this works because when I tried to duplicate it I was not able to get a update prompt the second time around (this happened with the original USB that performed the update and the copy that I made). But here goes, let me know if it works at all for you guys. I'm pretty stoked that this works and I don't have to change out any hardware to get CarPlay. BTW all functionality including steering wheel controls work.

1. What you want to do is make sure that when you download this file that it is transferred to a usb drive that is formatted at FAT32, name the drive USB20FD.
2. In the car make sure all doors are closed and everything is off, windows up.
3. Turn car on and wait for the head unit to fully load. Plug the drive into the USB port to the left. Wait 2 minutes for the update message to show up, select the update and wait for it to finish to 100% it might stall at the end at 99%.
4. Follow all prompts.
5. You will see CarPlay as an icon on the headunit.

This worked for perfect, installed CarPlay but I am having an issue with the maps (Apple and Google). Seems the compass is off, doesn’t update my direction as I am driving. Always says I’m driving north even if I am heading south, or any other direction. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Question for 2015 EX-L owners who have installed the update successfully: can anyone confirm that SiriusXM continues to work correctly? I have a friend who has the EX-L who is interested in adding CarPlay. Thanks in advance.
I installed this update on my 2016 CRV EXL, works great with all music apps. The maps however are not working. The compass is directionality confused, always says I’m going north even when driving west or any other direction. Something is happening in the head unit, gps isn’t updating.

·
Registered
2015 Honda CR-V SE AWD
23 Posts
I installed this update on my 2016 CRV EXL, works great with all music apps. The maps however are not working. The compass is directionality confused, always says I’m going north even when driving west or any other direction. Something is happening in the head unit, gps isn’t updating.
Make sure you follow the guides on this forum to disconnect the GPS cable from the head unit. This will solve your GPS issues.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Also, check the apps. Most of them have a place where you set it for always north or in the direction you are driving.

·
Registered
2015 Honda CR-V SE AWD
23 Posts
Hate to be that guy, can you briefly provide that info?

·
Registered
9 Posts
update... so I did some more research, and it appears initialization of the in car GPS takes several hours, so this why it appeared to work initially, but then gets the speed/ direction issue. So it uses the phone GPS until it’s initialized, and then uses the faulty in car gps.

So I jumped in and removed the radio. 10 minutes and 2 screws later I had the radio out. I unplugged the GPS antenna plug (gray one on top passenger side; see pic). So far so good. Everything appears to work and I has no speed or direction issues using Waze. Hopefully this is the magic bullet to get working CarPlay! I will update after I get some more drive time. View attachment 139778 View attachment 139779
Sorry to bother you again. I removed the vents and two screws holding the radio in but the unit is still tight in place. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
so I was able to get a CarPlay update for the 2015-2016 CRV EX and above. I was able to get a USB stick that had it work perfectly this is the beta software that was released and it works well, only thing I've noticed is CarPlay when you turn your car on will take up to 20 seconds to load up but when it does its very snappy. I made a copy of the usb contents and have it posted with instructions here. I can't confirm that this works because when I tried to duplicate it I was not able to get a update prompt the second time around (this happened with the original USB that performed the update and the copy that I made). But here goes, let me know if it works at all for you guys. I'm pretty stoked that this works and I don't have to change out any hardware to get CarPlay. BTW all functionality including steering wheel controls work.

1. What you want to do is make sure that when you download this file that it is transferred to a usb drive that is formatted at FAT32, name the drive USB20FD.
2. In the car make sure all doors are closed and everything is off, windows up.
3. Turn car on and wait for the head unit to fully load. Plug the drive into the USB port to the left. Wait 2 minutes for the update message to show up, select the update and wait for it to finish to 100% it might stall at the end at 99%.
4. Follow all prompts.
5. You will see CarPlay as an icon on the headunit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for sharing the update file. I installed it on my 2015 CR-v SE CANADIAN MODEL. can confirm...works just fine
Taken little longer to copy the section 99 to 100% ..no panic after around 3 minutes the copying process will finish...follow instruction after

121 - 140 of 166 Posts