Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, aside from the leather one of the reasons I pulled the trigger for the EX-L over the EX was the auto climate control. Unfortunately I haven't been able to control the fan speed or vent operation when on auto temp mode. If I try to adjust the fan speed buttons it kicks the system out of auto mode. Is the fan speed not controllable when on auto mode? It seems that it goes on full blast when you least need it, and vice versa.
rsz_img_20160127_081327.jpg

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hi Guys, aside from the leather one of the reasons I pulled the trigger for the EX-L over the EX was the auto climate control. Unfortunately I haven't been able to control the fan speed or vent operation when on auto temp mode. If I try to adjust the fan speed buttons it kicks the system out of auto mode. Is the fan speed not controllable when on auto mode? It seems that it goes on full blast when you least need it, and vice versa.
View attachment 57378
The "auto" mode takes all decision-making away from the driver except for temperature. So a/c on/off, fan speed, recirculating and air direction are decided by the climate control system. If you intervene by adjusting fan speed or other function you are preventing the system from doing its thing and it bails out.

However, the temperature part of the climate control system still works if you set the temperature and control other aspects (fan speed, a/c, direction, recirc) manually. Of course, if you set the fan speed too low you may not reach the desired temperature, but I think most of us have enough surplus bandwidth to adjust settings to suit circumstances.

I avoid using the "auto" mode except for long highway trips because, well, I llke to control things and don't appreciate being blasted by maximum fan speed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
First post. The high fan speed only kicks in when the AC is turned on with a hot interior. Make cooling alot faster. It eventually settles to a confortable level (speed) once it reaches the set temperature.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Yes it's all about the temperature setting.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It looks as if your climate system is essentially the same as the 2014 EX-L. A word to the wise is to use the AC button to set AC ON, rather than the automatic setting. With AC ON you can really get cold air even if the outside temps aren't all that high. In the auto mode the system will attempt to use ambient air if the outside temps are less than the set temp. Couldn't stand the AC for the first couple of weeks until I figured this out. Of course, I turned off the ECO button on Day 1 since using it virtually negates having an AC in the first place. JMO; maybe some of you like having the interior air warm and humid.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
You get automatic temperature control because it is automatic. You set the temperature, put it on automatic and leave alone. This is my 4th car with automatic temperature control and it is a big reason I chose the EX-L. My daughter got one of my old ones that had automatic temperature control and she couldn't get automatic in her head and keeps messing with it. I set mine on 73 (suggested by my Kia) and never touch it. Buick, Lincoln, Kia Optima and CRV Ex-L work pretty much the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts