Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
2015 Crv does not have side moldings only provided as an accessory ,in our area car parking lots are very near and it is almost impossible to open the door with out hitting another car, careless drivers dents and scratches easily, it can be installed in two ways as on the bottom or the middle, I would prefer to install located to the middle of the door for my black Crv.

Both chrome and painted versions are used with ABS plastics material, not st.steel, I made a little search but I could not found any steel version, it is just chrome 3 layer painted that means same as black painted one.

Could you please share your opinions?
Thanks,
FECRV12_1_1.jpg
$(KGrHqV,!iUFDJdPoUYQBQ5seeev5g~~60_1.JPG

·
Registered
172 Posts
First of all I find added side moldings offensive

If you must, IMO I would go with the least conspicuous solution available.

Also, you will not find a steel version. I would be insanely costly to produce and when struck the paint may chip leading to rust. ABS is a good choice for this application.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My '15 is black, too. I think they look funny without the side moldings. Both look good. I would go black on mine, as it isn't an EXL, so no roof rails, which the chrome BSM kind of match. I just don't want to spent the cash, they are expensive. Installed, with Tax, I think it would be $600 in my area. Ouch! I was shopping '15 Forester during my vehicle search. They should be standard equip on those, with the slab sides. The BSM breaks that up(same with CRV). Hope to add BSM in the future.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I would only use the Honda side moldings in the matching body color, less conspicuous.

The picture of the chrome shown, the location of them is worthless, too low on the door to be of any use.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I have the color matching side moldings and believe they are a plus to the appearance and protection. Yes, none gives the overall best appearance; but in the real world the protection takes precedence. It is indeed a personal choice with no really wrong answers. Hey, its a Honda CR-V, and that is what really counts! Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts