Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2015 CR-V AWD with about 73000 miles on it. We’ve had it since new. I do all the routine maintenance: oil changes, brake pads, air filter, cabin air filter, etc. It’s never had any serious problems - just new tires and a battery. I know there are recommendations in the manual, but from a practical standpoint, could anyone give me some suggestions on when various fluids or things like spark plugs should be changed?

Thanks
Christopher in TX

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,
I have a 2015 CR-V AWD with about 73000 miles on it. We’ve had it since new. I do all the routine maintenance: oil changes, brake pads, air filter, cabin air filter, etc. It’s never had any serious problems - just new tires and a battery. I know there are recommendations in the manual, but from a practical standpoint, could anyone give me some suggestions on when various fluids or things like spark plugs should be changed?
Visit this link to find the best battery tender that you may need in future.
Thanks
Christopher in TX
Replacement spark plug should follow the vehicle maintenance schedule. Some cars require regular replacement from 30k or up to 100k miles. Actually, timing of replacement depends on vary factors. Eg when you pull the spark plug of out engine and see oil there, it means there's a leak, you mean to change the new spark plug. Your engine is rough, skipping, misfiring it may be the time you should replace spark plug.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,073 Posts
The car provides you with Maintenance reminders, with specific items that need to be done. Have you been doing your own maintenance scheduling? If you have never changed the CVT fluid or rear diff fluid, its way over due.

·
Not-a-Mechanic
2011 CR-V 4WD EX
529 Posts
I just stick to the maintenance minder. 2 things may not pop codes, brake fluid flush and valve adjust. Brake fluid is every 2 (or 3?) years, valves at around 100,000 if they're audible, recommended to do it irregardless. This is all in the owner's manual if you can find it. Extreme conditions will dictate more frequent intervals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts