Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a pic of the coolant bottle from my 2015 CRV.
Should I add coolant? Does it appear low? This pic was taken with warm engine off.
When engine is running the level is 1/8 inch higher.
Was at dealer about two months ago, as part of there routine 24 point check, should coolant have been added?

Thank You.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Check the bottle “motor cold”. If coolant is below the cold (lower mark) add 50/50 coolant to the cold mark/level. Won’t hurt to pop the hood weekly and have a look.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Ok, Honda says check the bottle exactly the opposite of when I check coolant level in the recovery bottle......oh well. I'm thinking checking/adding coolant might be a little safer when the motor is cold. Will the motor be cold/cool to the touch when stopping for gas......or scalding hot. Hot coolant will scald you........I think I read that somewhere.

If one notices the bottle is empty (when gassing up)......is one going to ignore the warning on top of the pressure cap and add coolant?

When the motor is cold is when the motor/radiator have recovered the maximum amount of coolant from the recovery bottle, not to mention (again) it is safer when the motor is cold.

If the recovery bottle is ever empty, the man law ball has really been dropped.

The Prestone jug says.....any make, any model, any color, any car or light duty truck.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
The main difference between the two, is where the pressure cap is located. One system does not have a cooling advantage over the other. Both systems will be really hot when checked when gassing up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts