Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Concerning the headlight lever, in what position(s) should the lever be in in order for the daytime running lights to be on? Should they be on in the auto position?

thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Concerning the headlight lever, in what position(s) should the lever be in in order for the daytime running lights to be on? Should they be on in the auto position?

thanks

For the 2015 CRV's the DRL's come on automatically no matter what once the vehicle is started. The AUTO position is just referring to the low beam headlights. They will come on automatically once it gets dark enough for the sensor. The Fog lights will be AUTO too if they are switched on.

·
Registered
197 Posts
From page 163 of the manual, since you have an EX:

"Models with smart entry system

The daytime running lights come on when the following conditions have been met:
• The power mode is set to ON.
• The headlight switch is off.
• The parking brake is released.
The lights remain on even if you set the parking brake. Setting the power mode to VEHICLE OFF turns off the daytime running lights. The daytime running lights are off the headlight switch is turned on, or when the headlight switch is in AUTO and it is getting darker outside."

So the DRL's will come on in the daytime as soon as you start the car and release the parking brake.

It's also vitally important to set your parking brake if you're at a drive-in in winter and want to run the car a while for heat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the running lights look cool and I want to make sure they are on in the daytime ;)
Do ALL the conditions need to be met or is it for each bulleted item?
The drl will not turn on unless I engage and then release the parking brake?
It took me years to stop using the parking break in DC.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Parking brake? Mine come on when the engine is on, period. :)

Mike

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think the running lights look cool and I want to make sure they are on in the daytime ;)
Do ALL the conditions need to be met or is it for each bulleted item?
The drl will not turn on unless I engage and then release the parking brake?
It took me years to stop using the parking break in DC.
If the parking brake isn't engaged then they'll switch on right away. Next time you park behind a wall or other car look for the light they cast.

The only way to avoid them coming on is to start the engine with the parking brake on and then never try to drive anywhere.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I generally don't like DRL's but the LED ones don't bother me. I figure headlights during the daylight should indicate a caution situation and if all headlights are on it just becomes visual clutter that people will ignore. Motorcycle riders would be some of the first to suffer since drivers don't pay enough attention to them already.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2014 CR-V and the running lights always came on as soon as I use the remote access fob. They operated fine until last night - they came on as I approached and unlocked the car as usual, but at the end of my journey the beep sounded as if my lights were on manual, they were not and then when checking, after locking the vehicle the main lights did not stay on their usual few seconds and then when unlocking again, the daylight running lights did not come on...repeated trials and changing settings of leaver and they still don't come on when unlocking the car. They did til last night - what have I done wrong?

·
Registered
72 Posts
The setting on the stalk above "Auto" will turn off your headlights and just run the DRL's and ambers. I like this setting during the day and early evening for the looks, but I don't do it too much as I don't want to burn out my ambers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I feel the same way as you do. I have a 2013 EX-L CR-V and (before LEDS) I disabled mine as we are not required to have them in IL. I like to have my Battery charging at the full rate during the day especially during winter. If I had LED's I would have kept them as they are cool!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts