Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the driver's side seat cover cloth is stitched/finished rather poorly on the right side. Picture below show what I'm referring to but it looks worse in person. All the other seats are finished well with the cloth tucked in neatly so you don't see the frayed edges. I'm wondering if this is normal and exists in other CR-V's.

IMG_20150820_143917.jpg

IMG_20150820_144336.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
With the two divots on the edge, it looks like it ripped out of the fasteners that keep it tucked under. Should be under warranty.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the two divots on the edge, it looks like it ripped out of the fasteners that keep it tucked under. Should be under warranty.
Thanks. I can take it to any Honda dealer, right? Not necessarily the one I purchased from?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took it to a local dealer and he said its poor design but he saw no way where it could be stitched into place. He recommended going to the sales dept. and seeing if the rest are that way but I didn't have time to do that. I'll make sure to do so soon though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
What kind of crappy service department did you take it to?

they want you to investigate it?

I would take it back and complain again.

did you get this trip documented?

there is no way that is acceptable

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Took it to a local dealer and he said its poor design but he saw no way where it could be stitched into place. He recommended going to the sales dept. and seeing if the rest are that way but I didn't have time to do that. I'll make sure to do so soon though.
I would go back and demand that they fix it. That is unacceptable for a brand new car. Otherwise, I would call Honda customer service and start a case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought mine Saturday, 10/24/2015 and noticed the shoddy work today. Even have felt showing under fabric and the driver's seat has a felt joint instead of plastic on the inside side. Problen is on both driver and passenger seats, so do not think it's there for installation purposes. Dealer said to bring it in tomorrow, but I don't see what they can do short of replacing the seats after the material is put on correctly. Hope I don't experience vibrations I've read about. Do I have a grace period?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Leather seats same way. Made that way to allow for wiring of powered /heated seats.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts