Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I've been a long time Honda owner but I'm new to the CR-V. We bought one for my fiance less than a year ago and it's been a great vehicle for the NY winter's and summer weekend trips. Ever since we've owned it (bought it used from a Honda dealer) it randomly goes into limp mode. The check engine light, traction light, and all-wheel drive lights come on and it only does 20 mph. We would shut the car off, start it again and it would be fine. It only happened once in the first 6 months of owning it, but over the last 2 months it has has been happening more frequently. Now it's once or twice a week.

The only code it's throwing is a P2127, which I've looked up and could be the accelerator pedal position sensor or the ECU! I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem or something like it?

We've tried bringing it to a Honda dealer and of course all the lights are off and there is nothing they can do until the lights are on. But the problem is so intermittent that it's impossible to get it to the dealer as soon as it happens.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I'm sorry no one was able to help you, but as the dealer hasn't been able to find anything perhaps it's time to get American Honda Motor Corp headquarters involved, assuming you're in the US. The contact information is in your Owners Manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey man I’m having a similar issue. Dealer reset the computer but it came back so I changed out the app sensor and it went away and now it’s back again. So now I’m suspecting the ecu, loose ground, or faulting harness. I turn it off and on and make sure the sensor is plugged in well and it goes away. I’m taking back to the dealer and they’re going to dig into it some more. Did you ever find a solution?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts