Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum. Is anyone else having this problem?

On May 2nd, 2015, we purchased a 2015 Honda CR-V. At the time of purchase a water stain was noticed on the passenger side B pillar roof. Part of the purchase agreement included removing the stain that seemed to be from a partially opened sunroof during shipping. The stain was removed by the dealership and checked by the dealership and all appeared to be resolved. A short time later another water stain developed in the same area. Again the stain was removed and the vehicle checked. After the CR-V's third visit to the shop it was determined that an "insufficient amount of seal sealer" was used in the assembly of the vehicle at the factory. Our Honda had to be sent to an outside Honda approved body shop for repairs. On discovering the extent of the problem, we no longer had confidence in the quality of our "new" vehicle. Given the fact it had sustained water damage multiple times and had to be taken to an auto body shop to be properly repaired with only a few hundred miles. We had concerns about water being trapped between the multiple layers of metal roof panels. In turn that could lead to rust, which could lead to the release of the seam sealer that helps provide the rigidity needed for rollover crashes. Also, the concern of mold developing in the roof and carpet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Upon hearing our concerns the dealership agreed to trade in our water damaged CR-V for a new one. With less than 100 miles this CR-V also developed a roof leak. Now the dealership and body shop has had our current CR-V two weeks, to fix the leaked caused by Honda not using enough sealer on the passenger side roof panels and rail studs.

Honda is now using our CR-V as Field Report Case Study to submit to Honda Engineers.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Sounds like they need to reprogram the robots to put more sealer on those seams.

·
Registered
60 Posts
idahohondaowner... do you know where / when yours was manufactured???
My 2015 CRV was mfgr'd in Canada in Feb (I purchased it in June). I detect no water leaks yet. Could this be a Canada-vs-Ohio manufacturing plant problem???

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi. I hope this gets resolved soon for you. Where is the stain (so we can watch for the same)? In other words, what is the B pillar you refer to? Thanks, Peter

·
Registered
172 Posts
I noticed something similar on my '14

It leaked slightly when in a touchless carwash

the pressure on the sunroof caused a slight leak, no issues since

1 - 11 of 11 Posts