Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello y'all!

I've recently changed out the battery for my 2015 CR-V SE (For you guys wondering what the hell SE is, I'm pretty sure it's a just special edition for Canada, in between LX and EX) for the 2nd time, and the infotainment screen is asking for a pin. Now I've already searched the internet for an answer, but it keeps redirecting to me an American Honda site which askes for my ZIP code (ZIP codes are 5 numeric digits, but here in Canada, we use postal codes, that goes like A1A 1A1), and for a vehicle serial number, in which I have no clue where I can find it. Other sources say that the dealership should've given you a card with a pin code, but my dealership didn't give me that.

Is there an answer to this, or should I go to the dealer?

· Super Moderator
2022 CRV EX FWD 2022 Chevy Colorado
3,494 Posts
You're going to have to go to the dealership to get the pin if it's not written in your owners manual.

· Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,660 Posts
In older models like my '07 it's called the radio code. I found mine on a business card sized card in the folder with my owners' manual. It was a five digit number. According to my manual, if I didn't have it, to get it I'd have to pull the radio out, find the radio serial number (my card also had this number on it) on a sticker on the side of the radio, and call Honda with that number plus the VIN number of the car, and they would give it to me. So look in your owner's manual in the index at the back for radio code or pin. Somewhere in the radio section (or possibly the battery section) it should tell you what to do. Also, you might find the code on a sticker inside your glove box door, I've heard of that too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.