Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday night I changed the CVT fluid of my 2015 CR-V SE for the first time. left it to drain for 45 min and the amount came out was 4100 ml. As it is AWD, I filled in 300 ml in addition to 4 bottles (hoping each contains 1L) expecting the excess will come out once the check bolt is opened. Moved the shift lever twice through all gears and stayed 10 sec in each position. When I opened the check bolt extremely small amount came out, not even 1 ml and there was no dripping. I was confused because of no dripping and filled in 150 ml more. Started the car, moved through all the gears once and staying 4 sec in each. This time also the drained amount was less than 2 ml and still no dripping. So far the total amount I filled in was 4450 ml (if each bottle contains 1L) which is almost 250 ml more than the manual says (4.2 L for AWD).

I’m really worried now. Did I make any mistake? What should I do now? Will that excess amount be a problem for the transmission?

·
Registered
130 Posts
What kilometre range are you at and did the mm call for a tranny fluid change?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm considering a lease buy-out of my 2016 hence my interest in the tranny fluid interval . I'm at 52,000 kilometers so I'll assume I'm getting close considering yours was due at 58,000 km unless the mm didnt come up for that and you were just getting ahead of it .

are you saying that you've changed it 3 times in total so far and your at 77600 kilometers . First time at 58,000 km , second time at ??? and now third time at 77600 km ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm considering a lease buy-out of my 2016 hence my interest in the tranny fluid interval . I'm at 52,000 kilometers so I'll assume I'm getting close considering yours was due at 58,000 km unless the mm didnt come up for that and you were just getting ahead of it .

are you saying that you've changed it 3 times in total so far and your at 77600 kilometers . First time at 58,000 km , second time at ??? and now third time at 77600 km ?
Second time was also at dealer a week ago.

I didn't wait for MM to come up to change the atf.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Second time was also at dealer a week ago.

I didn't wait for MM to come up to change the atf.
why are you changing it on your own a week after getting it done at dealer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts