Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 CR-V EXL with 43K. Had all fluids swapped at 30K, regular oil changes. Bought it brand new with 16 miles on odo.

Had a weird issue yesterday when I started the car and tried to drive had no power in drive or reverse. The engine revs up fine but the power is not being transferred to the wheels seemed like a very high amount of loss of power. When I tried to put the car back in the garage, engine was revving up to 4500 rpm to get it up the curb into the garage (normally its maybe 1500 rpm). Checked where the car was parked and no fluid on the pavement (car had been sitting for 2 days).

I noticed the fill cap on the trans fluid was dirty, I cleaned it up and put it back in place. checked fluids and fuses and all good. I started the car back up, drove perfectly fine, normal amount of power and didn't struggle.

I texted my buddy at Honda, confirmed their service manager hasn't heard of this issue. Checked here on the forums and saw only 1 thread that related, but the car doesn't stall in reverse so trans isn't going out.

Anyone else have this issue before?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an update, haven't had the issue happen again. Might have been due to the car sitting for so long during the covid lock down. Been trying to drive at least once a week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spoke to dealer, since its out of warranty they wont cover it. There is no actual recall for this.

Does anyone know if I wait 30 sec before shifting/dont let the car sit too long if there is a long term failure with the transmission? Trying to avoid another car payment.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,572 Posts
The torque converter draining when sitting is not an unknown problem since the invention of the automatic transmission. Nor is it an indicator of pending transmission failure... just annoying. I had a Jeep that would do this when it sat for a few days. I just got into a habit to allow the engine to idle for 30 sec. or more to allow the torque convert to refill before putting it in gear. A practice that I still do today. If the issue still occures after it idles for awhile than you may have another problem with the transmission

1 - 9 of 9 Posts