Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(this is cross posted in mobil electronics)

Title says what equipment I have. I would like to set it in iPod mode to play one album through then another album. I get it to either play an album repeatedly or randomly plays all songs. Manual says to use menu button then:

Shuffle/Repeat:
– Shuffle Albums: Plays all available albums in a selected list (playlists, artists, <- this is what I want!
albums, songs, genres, or composers) in random order.
– Repeat Song: Repeats the current track.
– Shuffle All Songs: Plays all available files in a selected list (playlists, artists,
albums, songs, genres, or composers) in random order.

I have tried: the menu button on unit, menu button on steering wheel, voice command, used bluetooth and USB. NOTE I find the 'shuffle album' button! None of them seem to work. I called my dealer to tell them the problem and have someone research it first before I came down. They just told me to just come down. The two 'gurus' whom helped just started going through menus, they had no idea how to do it, and didn't find a solution. Best idea was to google it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let me know if this is correct! From further research I think the problem is the iPod has a 'shuffle album' mode but the iPhone does not. Evidently the CR-V Touring electronics can't tell if an iPhone or an iPod is connected and this menu is there for both.

Again, let me know if this is correct.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I doubt the CRV can distinguish between iPod and iPhone, and suspect that everything is designed around the iPhone environment. Any iPod specific features are not likely to be supported. There is no 'iPod Mode' per se. The iPod and iPhone nomenclature refer generically to 'Apple' type devices to distinguish them from USB and Bluetooth modes of operation. I note that some Honda documentation mentions the iPod by name, but that is unfortunately just poor wording on their part.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tom,

I disagree. this album shuffle mode is does seem to work with an iPod, as I have tested it. It does not work with an iPhone, as of yet with my testing. To have this mode as a choice on the CR-V interface implies they meant it for an iPod. I think only classic iPods have it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts