Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the OEM H8 Fog light bulbs with LEDS on my wifes CRV 2015 Touring which was purchased a week back. Since I had previously installed VLEDS in my 2012 Highlander and had been very satisfied with the performance I decided to go with VLEDS.

Here is the specs to the LEDS
OEM H8 Fog light bulbs replaced with VLED 6K WHITE 10 XB H8
Part #: H8_10_XB_W_6K paid -$60 pair

Here is comparison of the OEM and VLED bulbs
comparison OEM vs VLED.jpg

Tool used for prying
Prying tool.jpg
Tool can be purchased from Harbor freight -Trim And Molding Tool Set 5 Pc Item#67021

I took my time in prying out the plastic front. Here are some photos of the part
Part shown.jpg

Comparison of OEM and VLED after install
LED comparison.jpg

Both bulbs replaced with VLEDS
Installed VLEDS.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The comparison photos of the OEM and VLEDS were not uploaded so here is the correct Photo
LED comparison.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correction to the above post - Here is the correct photo of the comparison between OEM and VLED after Install
On the left is the OEM and on the right is VLED
OEM vs VLED Installed.jpg

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Very nice! It looks like the LED is even brighter than the OEM Halogen. What model is the OEM bulb? Plus the LED will save on power consumption.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks otto888man. The OEM bulb which came with CRV touring is the Philips H8 made in Germany 12v 35W. Also seen in the photo is the H11 bulbs with SYLVANIA SILVER STAR ULTRA H11 55W in the low beam projector headlights which I had left over from replacing the low beam on my 2012 highlander with LED's. I did a quick check and looks like the 2015 CRV and the 2015 Highlander use the same H11 low beam bulbs. Here is a much better photo of the OEM and VLED comparison. On the left is the VLED and on the right is the OEM bulb. OEM vs VLED bulbs.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello. I have upgraded my low and fog lights with Philips Ultinon LED lights.
Pictures taken with my phone from driver's seat.

Low only
01 LOW ONLY.jpg
With fog
02 WITH FOG.jpg
With high
03 WITH HIGH.jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks good. Are those LED fogs white or blue?

I'm in the hunt for LED fog bulbs in Canada. It's not easy to find so far. I recently had my head light changed to LED white but my fogs are still yellow. I will settle for blue fogs if whites are not available. Also I'm looking for plug in and no mods required.

Can you please give me the full product name. I see it in Amazon USA but I just want to make sure before I order it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I replaced the OEM H8 Fog light bulbs with LEDS on my wifes CRV 2015 Touring which was purchased a week back. Since I had previously installed VLEDS in my 2012 Highlander and had been very satisfied with the performance I decided to go with VLEDS.

Here is the specs to the LEDS
OEM H8 Fog light bulbs replaced with VLED 6K WHITE 10 XB H8
Part #: H8_10_XB_W_6K paid -$60 pair
Thanks for your write-up and all the photos.

Quick question about the install, can the front of the fog light housing be removed through the front of the bumper or does the whole bumper need to come off to swap the bulbs? Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have put Philips Ultinon in My Fogs. Output is amazing but I will say this it was causing a lot of glare to oncoming traffic as the LED's were pointing sideways. I then turned the led's to point up and the glare was reduced but not gone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts