Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bluetooth has been working fine until today, when my wife noticed that her phone would no longer pair with the HFT in the car.

On further investigation, it seems that Bluetooth is off and won't turn back on. There's no Bluetooth icon in the top of the small (clock) display, which there usually is.

This is what I've tried:

Home (3x2 blocks icon) at top RHS of navigation/HFT screen
Settings | Bluetooth/Wifi

Bluetooth On/off status = Off
Bluetooth device list is greyed out

I press "Off" beside Bluetooth status and get a menu of "On" and "Off". If I press "On", the menu stays on screen for a couple of seconds and then disappears - but the status is still Off.

I've tried the HFT status (press and hold the Back/hangup button at the 8 o clock position on the steering wheel) and this says that HFT is OK.
If I press the Talk button in the same part of the steering wheel, I get a menu "Do you want to turn on Bluetooth" but if I answer "Yes", it sits there indefinitely.

Wifi is still working - it is connected and has an IP address allocated.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just found the answer for myself on youtube hope it helps others as I don't have more than one post I can't attach link so here is title to search for "How to Fix Honda HFT Bluetooth not Working Civic, Jazz, Type R, HRV, CRV (Greyed out / Not Starting)"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
This video doesn't apply to a 2015 CRV LX AWD with the basic radio model, (which is the model I have). On mine, when I press "phone" .. it displays an image of a walkie-talkie looking phone and then displays the word "loading...", which blinks out after a few seconds and it does nothing more .. press phone again and it does exactly the same thing and will not, of course, connect to anything. Any Ideas? I bought a used bluetooth module and was going to replace it but can't find a video or other instructions on how to do it..or even

1 - 4 of 4 Posts