Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! This is my first post as I have just purchased a new 2015 CR-V EX-L w/navigation in Urban Titanium Metallic. I love the vehicle but have been going nuts trying to get my wallpaper to display. First question, does it display in the larger lower screen or the smaller higher screen? Second, I uploaded a pic and it went fine but when I go to set either that on or one of the pre installed wallpapers and hit set, it doesn't appear anywhere. I saw a YouTube video where a guy displayed it on a 2014 on the smaller screen with the left side of the steering wheel controls. But after the part where he hits "display settings", there's an option to import wallpapers. On my 2015, when I hit the "display settings" button, the menu after only says "on" or "off".

Has anyone with a 2015, or even a 2014 had a problem with setting wallpaper or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, Jimmy

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same car even the same color! Love it by the way. I have the same problem. I can't upload a photo, I did read on another forum that the option may be under the clock setting. I am going to try it and see what happens.

·
Registered
704 Posts
It is under clock/Info Settings for the EX-L Nav models.
Look at pages 70, 71 & 72 of this manual -> http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/AH/AT0Z1515NV/enu/AT0Z1515NV.pdf

Be sure to read the sidebar as well...

Recommended files
• When importing wallpaper files, the image must be in the USB flash drive’s root directory. Images in a folder cannot be imported.
• The file name must be fewer than 256 characters.
• The file format of the image that can be imported is BMP (bmp) or JPEG (jpg).
• The individual file size limit is 5 MB.
• The maximum image size is 4,096 × 4,096 pixels. If the image size is less than 420 × 234 pixels, the image is displayed in the middle of the screen with the extra area appearing in black.
• Up to 5 files can be saved.
• If the USB flash drive does not have any pictures, the No files detected message appears. Shortly after setting the wallpaper or importing pictures, do not set the power mode to OFF, or disconnect the USB device. It may cause the setting error or the destruction of data.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Guys,
To make things a lot easier, go to imidwallpapers.com which will help you correctly prepare your images to the correct size and resolution so you can save it to your usb drive and transfer to your screen. Instructions for download are in your users manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased a 2015 CRV EX and the first thing I found out is that the Owner's Manual doesn't cover the Wallpaper settings. Strangely, the manuals provided with the vehicle do not include the Navigation Manual where instructions for Clock/Wallpaper settings can be found. Stranger yet, the Navigation Manual (downloadable PDF) does not make it clear HOW to display personal photo wallpaper after it is imported via flash drive.
This vehicle does not display the wallpaper in the smaller i-Mid screen as in older models - only on the Navi screen.
The procedure to import the wallpaper via flash drive is easy. Press the HOME button and from the Home screen press SETTINGS. Then press CLOCK/INFO and press the CLOCK tab. Then press CLOCK/WALLPAPER TYPE and press the WALLPAPER tab. Press the ADD NEW button at the bottom for any and all photos to import.
When all wallpaper photos have been imported they will appear in a list. Press the desired photo for the wallpaper and it will be highlighted. This is where the the Honda instructions drop dead. You have to go back to the HOME screen and press INFO. From the INFO screen press CLOCK/WALLPAPER and the wallpaper photo will display.
Honda made this very complicated. I am a retired electrical engineer and computer instructor and spent a half hour trying to get the imported wallpaper to display. Finally received the correct info from an Acura technician! Shame on Honda.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2015 Touring...... I have carefully followed the instruction for creating and uploading wallpaper to no avail. I have a 1.0 thumb drive instead of a 2.0 or better. Could that be the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Surprise Surprise.........I changed my thumb drive to a new san disk 2.0 / 3.0 compatible from Sam's and all went well. All filled up with wallpaper.
I Love my V

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the 2015 CR V Touring with all the options. I have successfully loaded and displayed my personal wallpaper on the Nav screen. Is it true that on this model you cannot display additional wallpaper on the I-Mid small screen. I have tried and I don't even see the option in the I-Mid display setup. I see the small print that says not available on all models. What's up with this.

LOVE MY V

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been struggling to import a wallpaper to the i-MID screen (the small screen). I talked to a salesperson at the local dealership. He said it's not possible to import wallpapers on the small screens in the 2015 CR-V, as it was with the 2014. The salesman said wallpapers can only be installed on the 7" touch screens. His description of the situation fits what I've seen.

It's too bad that wallpapers can't be imported to that i-MID screen now, when they could in the past, especially since there is a blank screen among the 4 available ones that begs for a owner-selected image. I hope programmers are working on an firmware update. If I knew who in Honda to speak with, I would pass this desire on to them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been struggling to import a wallpaper to the i-MID screen (the small screen). I talked to a salesperson at the local dealership. He said it's not possible to import wallpapers on the small screens in the 2015 CR-V, as it was with the 2014. The salesman said wallpapers can only be installed on the 7" touch screens.
This is not true. I was able to add wallpaper images to my 2015 CR-V LX i-MID screen. Good instructions can be found on pages 123-126 of the PDF version of the owner's manual. Be sure to read the Customized Features topic in the grey box on the right side of page 123 for important info about file format and size.

I eventually decided that my wallpapers were too bright and distracting, and went back to a blank screen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is not true. I was able to add wallpaper images to my 2015 CR-V LX i-MID screen. Good instructions can be found on pages 123-126 of the PDF version of the owner's manual. Be sure to read the Customized Features topic in the grey box on the right side of page 123 for important info about file format and size.

I eventually decided that my wallpapers were too bright and distracting, and went back to a blank screen.
Hi. I don't mean to argue with you, let me make that clear. But do you have the Navi display in your 2015 LX CR-V? I would suspect you have the "upper" screen that all CR-V's have, but not a larger 7" display below it.

If so, it seems (correct me if I'm wrong here people, I don't claim to be an expert) that those of us with the Navigation display as well as the "standard" one can only do wallpapers on the larger navi screen. I had a 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L without navi. and I first imported wallpapers into that vehicle. Because I didn't have the Navi display, all wallpapers went on the otherwise "blank" screen, and while resolutions were extremely limited, etc... it worked well.

Fast forward to my 2015 CR-V Touring, and I was having the same problems others here were. Where are my images? I can import them, but the 4th upper screen is always blank? Seems silly that you can't use that screen for a wallpaper, but once I realized I could use the info screen on the navi to show them... well, that works ok.

If someone DOES figure out how to use the upper screen for wallpaper on 2015's with Navi systems... I'm all ears. :)

Take care.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a Touring model and like you I cannot add wallpaper to the upper screen. Also I can get wallpaper on the navi unit but getting ti to display is kind of stupid in that I have to go to setting and select the clock. Am I missing something? How to I get it to display at other times? If I want a clock I will just look at the upper screen as it is always there or almost always.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just joined. My wife and I just purchased two CRV Ex's. Titanium and metallic red.
Have to learn all the tools on the screen.
Problem: we have a narrow drive and park side by side. Anyone know of economical door guards to purchase to avoid scratches?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Wallpaper on I-Mid screen. On our 2015 CRV-EXL there are no options in the menu to add wallpaper. No problem adding wallpaper to the 7" touch screen.

If it were on the I-Mid screen's menu then it would be possible.

Cheers!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the same issue on my Touring. One the I-Mid Display settings I don't even have an option to change the wallpaper let alone import one.

Under Display Setup I have the following options:

Trip Computer Setup
Welcome Screen
Color Theme
Keyless Start Guidance Screens
Turn by Turn Display

Nothing on Wallpaper.

From what I can gather, the EX and Touring don't have this option anymore. That's only from internet searches so does anyone know for sure. I called my dealer and they said it should work but they'll get back to me...that didn't happen. :rolleyes:

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Since this is one of the few places that addresses this issue, let me add my two cents.

I have a 2016 Honda CRV LX. It is possible to add wallpaper to the i-MID screen in this model. Here is what worked for me.

1. It did not seem to want to accept JPEG, but it would accept BMP files.

2. It would not accept large files up to 5MB as I read somewhere. I was able to get it to accept a 1.8MB BMP file. Possible it could go larger but I didn't test it.

3. Vertical photos do not look as good, since the space for the wallpaper is horizontal.

4. Plug a USB flash drive into your Honda CRV USB port.

5. Press the “Menu” button on your steering wheel and use the up and down arrow buttons to select “Custom settings” displayed on your i-MID display.

6. Use the same up and down arrows on your steering wheel to then locate the “Display Setup” option, press “source” on your steering wheel again.

7. Locate the “Import Wallpaper” option, and press “source” again. Once you are in this screen on your Honda i-MID display, use the up and down arrows on your steering wheel to locate the photo on your USB drive, which should show up by file name. Select the photo and hit "source" to load it.

If the photo itself doesn't show up on your i-Mid display or it goes through the loading procedure and you only get a screen that shows you the title of the file again, the photo didn't load. You need to troubleshoot the issue (USB too old, photo saved in the wrong format, etc.). It will not always tell you what the issue is. For example, my JPG file was too big and it didn't like JPG for some reason, but it wouldn't tell me that. I had to figure it out myself. When I tried BMP, it did tell me the file size was too big.

8. Once your picture is displayed on the i-MID screen in your Honda vehicle, press the “source” button again. This gives you the option to save the file in one of three slots. Choose a slot, then hit "source" again if necessary. This saves your image. It takes a while to do this.

9. Press the “Menu” button on your steering wheel to choose the wallpaper display.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts