Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

First post here. Had my CRV for about a year and I'm loving it.

On Saturday the Car cut out while stopped in traffic. All electrics went so no hazards or steering. After 5-10 minutes it all powered back up and started as if nothing had happened.

It then happened again on Tuesday night when I pulled into my drive. 11 minutes timed this time. Then restarted.

I've had it with an auto-electrician today. No errors showing. Not even registering that it has been powered a loss of power. Battery, Fuses, Clutch Checked. Not sure about Ignition Switch (Not sure how this works with keyless entry/start?)

I'm taking it back tomorrow but unless it cuts out when they are in it i'm not sure how they will find the fault. Obviously pretty dangerous as I drive country roads in the dark.

Any suggestions? Anyone heard of this with this model?

Driving around the country for Christmas so need to get this fixed!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

James

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Wow, that does sound dangerous. It also sounds like something is getting warm while working and then is 'opening' at some point. As it cools it 'reconnects'. I'd be looking hard at fuses (taking them out, feeling, touching, measuring resistance) and then at relays. Since all goes 'dead' it must be something very basic to the main power source I would think.
These are all just guesses from a very non-electrical type guy trying to help.
Since you have a diesel, does the engine shut off when this happens too?
Just curious. I imagine it would since the fuel injection is electrical not mechanical (again, another assumption on my part).
We don't have diesel's here in the US of A.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, i have also a 1.6 diesel and we have the start stop system, you know, maybe can be your problem, if this system fail, and fail, why not? who knows, try to check the system, starter electrical engine, wires, check the battery, the starter is stronger than the gas engine but can have do a hard life if the system is always on, i turn off every time i start because make shorter the life of the battery and the starter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts