Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed up and first post

Our 2015 CRV AWD CVT is very hard to steer. We also have a 2013 CRV EX Automatic Transmission and that steers like a dream. The 2015 reminds me of steering my old 1956 Chevy Bel Air.

Is this normal or is something wrong?

Thank you,
Peter

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Sounds like there is something wrong. I have a '13 and it steers like a dream too. I'd take it to the dealership.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hard to steer meaning hard to turn or too sloppy? (My recollection with old cars is the drive with 1 finger floating boats)

Anyway, both have electric power assist though I understand the '15 has been tuned a bit. Has the steering changed since you test drove it or is this something you are just noticing over time?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Meaning hard to turn. You get an arm work out. I didn't notice it when we brought it home from San Francisco to Fresno. I'm just noticing it over time. My wife drives it daily but hasn't said anything about it. I get to drive it maybe once a month and this morning was an awakening that something might be wrong.

·
Registered
252 Posts
New vehicle = dealer inspection... If you have any doubts, it's worth having it checked out (and at least noted in your service record should something happen down the road).

·
Registered
381 Posts
I would have the power steering checked. I have two 2015 Touring CRVs AWD, which sounds like the same thing you have. They both steer very easily.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I feel the same thing here, CRV-2015 EX, It is intermittent or in Moody mode. I can not turn the steering wheel by one hand around, it hurt to the shoulder. I will follow-up this problem after the vibration fix.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My wife's 2015 CRV EX has had no problem with the steering. My son is driving my wife's former 07 Fit which we bought in May of 06 also has electric power steering and it has also not had any problems.

Electric power steering is better than hydraulic because it draws less power from the engine and it eliminates the hydraulic pump, plumbing and fluid.

If your car's steering is hard to turn then there is a problem and you need to have the dealer look at your car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just signed up and first post

Our 2015 CRV AWD CVT is very hard to steer. We also have a 2013 CRV EX Automatic Transmission and that steers like a dream. The 2015 reminds me of steering my old 1956 Chevy Bel Air.

Is this normal or is something wrong?

Thank you,
Peter

Currently have a 2015 Honda CRV Touring AWD with just over 12k miles and it is pulling to the left while accelerating. This issue is also documented on the NHTSA.gov. The steering is a bit loose and you have to give more input to one side vs another. Sometimes it gets heavy on some turns as if the power assist turns off. I am currently in arbitration for this and the vibration problem as it has had numerous "fixes" and a district manager that acknowledged the issue but it still pulls left. Alignments, tire pressue check, tire changes, brakes, suspension, code, sensor checks, etc, etc. It seems like it might be an issue with the Motion-Adaptive Electric Power Steering (EPS), or VSA , AWD cars. I recommend you document all of your visits, even test drives with service advisors, log phone calls and make sure service records state what you reported, what work was done, what was noticed on test drives. I have met with District Parts and Service Manager, filed with Honda Customer Service, sent certified letters and all have resulted in the same response. This is a characteristic of the vehicle. Make sure to file these problems/complaints with Honda Customer Service 1-800-999-1009 and the NHTSA https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/ so the government takes notice.

Edit / Delete Edit Post Quick reply to this message Reply

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know some people have perfect cars with no problems or they're delusional and think so ... I love that this is a Problem and Issues Forum but for some reason there are always people volunteering to say (with 1000s of posts), you should know there are no problems with my car). And whatever you say, YES I BELIEVE HONDA PAYS PEOPLE TO POST HERE... because they also say Honda monitors these forums. Lets keep this real... everyone with a problem should post here, to NHTSA.gov and let Honda know their cars have problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I am new in here, just registered since I purchased CRV 2015 yesterday and I love the car very much but I do not know what is going on about steering, I can not steer without my both hands, stiff. I even drove DODGE truck before steer was not like this. Have you find out is this Honda thing or our car has issues? Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts