Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking for a carplay unit that can be installed in my vehicle that will still allow use of BOTH the rear and lane watch cameras, and retain steering wheel button functionality.
Does anyone have any recommendations for what can be bought and installed that will do this?

·
Registered
2015 CRV Touring
48 Posts
Many have posted that top of the line Kenwood Excelon units work but need adapter boxes/cables. Browse this forum and also contact Crutchfield for their recommendations. Top of line Pioneer also work but some users have reported quality issues with Pioneer.

The real key: What is the CHEAPEST UNIT that will also properly display both the rear view and sideview lanewatch cameras clearly plus provide excellent CarPlay/Android Auto support. I also would want Sirius/XM coverage too. Others may also want CD/DVD or built in Navigation for use in areas of NO CELL Coverage.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Look at the iDataLink Maestro as an interface between the car and the radio. The radio will need to support two camera inputs, and likely need the iDataLink connector to get the LaneWatch trigger to work correctly.

Pioneer, Alpine, Kenwood are all good radio brands.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had the Panasonic AVH-2500nex installed in my 2015 CRV and picked it mostly because I didn't do my homework and took what the dealer offered. It definitely supports both the backup camera and the lane watch camera, but things I would ask whichever dealer you're working with:

1- is there a way to get the backup camera to show the guides during the turn (I have only been able to set static guide lines)
2- can you change the rear view camera perspective (I'm stuck in fisheye view and don't know how to change it)
3- can responsiveness be adjusted on the lane watch camera (seems like a 2 or 3 second delay when switching back from lane watch view to Carplay)

They will also need to install a more powerful USB port, so make sure you know where that's going (mine's dangling) next to the shifter.

Additionally, when they refer to steering wheel control I lost Siri activation from the steering wheel, but kept volume and prev/next capabilities.

Mine is not wireless Carplay but does have a Siri button built into the hardware.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I am looking for a carplay unit that can be installed in my vehicle that will still allow use of BOTH the rear and lane watch cameras, and retain steering wheel button functionality.
Does anyone have any recommendations for what can be bought and installed that will do this?
Not sure if you ended up doing this. But if not, there is a software update somewhere on here for 2015/2016 Honda CR-V non-navigation vehicles that adds Apple CarPlay to the stock head unit...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts