Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 CRV with Pioneer NEX 8000, using PAC Audio RP4-HD11. Most of my stock features work, but lost a few things like Voice dial from Steering wheel controls. (Worked great with Honda OEM HU). Also radio stations presets do not scroll from station presets when using right-left arrows. Could be a set up/config issue.

Now I am upgrading to the new 2015 Honda CRV EX (or maybe EX-L) and I really like the factory features and fucntions. I wonder if the PAC Audio SWC Interface (RP4-HD11) will be able to retain the new Lane Assist camera on the passenger side view mirror in addition to the Back up cam?

I am torn whether to keep the Factory head unit and simply install my JL Audio XD 400/4 for my Focal KR2P components and my JL XD300/1 (for the JL Stealth sub) ...and skip the Pioneer NEX8000 altogether. the NEX800 sounds great and sonically would be superior. But at the end of the day, the stock functionality with improved sound system is desirable.

Some of my decision depends on how much stock functionality can be maintained with the PAC Audio Interface. Welcome your thoughts. I realize I may be the first such guinea pig here with a 2015.

·
Registered
704 Posts
groberts - when you said you lost voice dial from the steering wheel with RP4, do the other phone controls work (like pick-up and hang-up)? Reason I ask is that there is a separate wire needed to activate the phone controls with the RP4 and if that wire is not connected then none of the phone controls work. If the other buttons do work, I think you can re-program the voice dial button to properly trigger the Pioneer.

I have not gotten access to the 2015 wiring diagrams yet, so I don't know if the lane assist camera can be wired to the Pioneer.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
groberts - when you said you lost voice dial from the steering wheel with RP4, do the other phone controls work (like pick-up and hang-up)? Reason I ask is that there is a separate wire needed to activate the phone controls with the RP4 and if that wire is not connected then none of the phone controls work. If the other buttons do work, I think you can re-program the voice dial button to properly trigger the Pioneer.

I have not gotten access to the 2015 wiring diagrams yet, so I don't know if the lane assist camera can be wired to the Pioneer.
Hi Jepelan,

I wrote to PAC Audio and asked if the steering wheel control digital interface would work with the 2015 Honda and they said it has not been tested or confirmed. So basically, I backed out of the idea to install my Pioneer NEX8000 in the new 2015 CRV. I will just interface my JL Audio amps, Focal 165 K2P component speakers and my JL Audio stealth sub to the OEM Head unit in the 2015 CRV. I will be selling my 6 mo old Pioneer NEX8000 and the Honda specific steering wheel control interface.

The other bluetooth steering wheel controls work fine. (answer/hang up) It was just Voice dial ...but I am not sure that feature was part of the Pioneer NEX8000. So the lost function was really just a matter of a different headunit and the features it supports. To be honest, I didn't dig into it much to find out since I set up speed dials.

·
Registered
29 Posts
what cable did you use to keep the steering controls? I've not been able to find it. Any guidance would be great, thank so much.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Behold I give you steering wheel controls!!!
hehe
Ok so my steering wheel controls are working now on my aftermarket Pioneer AVH-4100NEX. All of the manuals state that the plug behind the AC has a line coming out of wire plug 15, but that does not exist.

So the answer is; Honda moved the Bluetooth controls wire to a 20 plug that's brought directly into the factory radio. On my 2016 CRV I had about 3 Blue, 2 pink, 2 gray and 1 Yellow. The Yellow one is it.
I peeled back the factory tape and spliced the Yellow line to my ASWC-01 Gray / Blue line and that was that.

Image of the 20 pin plug -
https://goo.gl/photos/yLyrcMWPUSt2ULVu7

1 - 5 of 5 Posts