Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please HELP!
In the last remaining minutes of finishing up purchase of my new 2015 CRV I got talked into the Honda Care extended warranty for a total of $2400 for 8 yr/120 .

I have never purchased extended warranty but dealership made it sound like it is well worth it since everything is now run digital and by computer and how expensive just getting a diagnostic is etc yada yada.

Is this worth it?
I can still cancel it they said, but I am just curious on thoughts?
I all ready know it's a bit of rip of since the first 36K is covered by Standard warranty right? So really its 120K-36K....

any strong thoughts on cancelling and not getting this package or strong thoughts on why to get it appreciated!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Totally agree !!! The only beneficiary is the dealership and the salesman who gets a nice commish !! They're all a waste of money as is evidenced by the CR article referenced above. Craig

·
Registered
197 Posts
While I didn't buy one myself, I did get an online quote from Saccucci Honda last year for 2015 CR-V's under the 6,000 mile mark. 8yr/120,000 miles with $0 deductible (plan D82) was $1,170. $100 deductible (plan C82) was $1,065. So if you still want the peace of mind then cancel this one, get a refund, shop around, and do something nice with the savings.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I bought Honda Care on my 2014 EX. Read the thread on 2015 CRV vibration issues. Quality is not what it used to be.

I would recommend Honda Care over 3rd party agreements. Make sure it covers the new components like CVT, direct injection, high pressure fuel pump etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes that is a ripoff price. If you do an online search, you can find HondaCare prices for less than $1k for an 8 yr/120k coverage. My dealer offered a 3rd party extended warranty for ~$1.8k and I almost lol'd.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Why would anyone even consider prepaying for something that may never happen. :confused: Beats me.

"According to the dealership it's we'll worth it." Of course it is. For them. More profit then the vehicle sale.

But still buying 2015's you wouldn't listen to logic anyway :eek:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
toast's commments x 2...

While I didn't buy one myself, I did get an online quote from Saccucci Honda last year for 2015 CR-V's under the 6,000 mile mark. 8yr/120,000 miles with $0 deductible (plan D82) was $1,170. $100 deductible (plan C82) was $1,065. So if you still want the peace of mind then cancel this one, get a refund, shop around, and do something nice with the savings.
Dealer replacing the AC High Pressure Pipe on our '07 and a few other things made it worth the extended warranty. Although I did cancel the first one for $2,300 and bought one from another local dealer for $930! That is for an LX, 2WD.

I bought one for our '10 from the same dealer for $1,030 for an EXL, 2WD. I drive it so little it may not pay for itself but I sleep better with it.

Call around to local dealers and get a WAY better price. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts