Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently bought CRV EX-L. I have Samsung Note 4. I paired my phone with CRV. It works for phone feature, but not for audio. When I select Audio from main screen, it says No Device Connected, but is it connected and I can make/receive calls from steering wheel phone/voice command buttons.

If I open music app in phone and play songs, the sound comes from car speakers, but skip forward/backward buttons won't work.

The same phone works well with my Prius.

I posted this question on Honda owners contact us section and I got call on very next day and he said its my phone problem and contact Samsung or service provider.
He tested with two other phones (Samsung Galaxy S II and iPhone) and they both works fine with CRV. I also tested with the same 2 phones and it works.

I contacted Samsung and they said, do soft reset and hard reset, and still no luck.

I don't know who should I contact now.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks
Hari

·
Registered
3 Posts
You will find a button center-top on the left side of the steering wheel that looks like a folder. Each time you press that you will cycle the display in your display screen. The next to the last in the cycle will essentially turn off the the screen. The only thing that will appear at the bottom will be the compass indicator (left side) and the time (right side). Enjoy.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Have you gone into Bluetooth settings on your phone and made sure the BT Audio is checked? When I used Android phones, I had the same issue happen in one of my other cars and that was the easy fix. Hope it's something simple like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have a 2015 CR-V EX-L with an audio problem. I've been playing songs through Bluetooth for 6 mos (got the car at the end of April). All of a sudden, the sound is so low through Bluetooth, you can barely discern the song. When I change the source to FM, it's loud and clear. I've also had the upper screen in the dash dim on occasion while I'm driving. Sometimes the playlist songs are just displayed at "Music".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I recently bought CRV EX-L. I have Samsung Note 4. I paired my phone with CRV. It works for phone feature, but not for audio. When I select Audio from main screen, it says No Device Connected, but is it connected and I can make/receive calls from steering wheel phone/voice command buttons.

If I open music app in phone and play songs, the sound comes from car speakers, but skip forward/backward buttons won't work.

The same phone works well with my Prius.

I posted this question on Honda owners contact us section and I got call on very next day and he said its my phone problem and contact Samsung or service provider.
He tested with two other phones (Samsung Galaxy S II and iPhone) and they both works fine with CRV. I also tested with the same 2 phones and it works.

I contacted Samsung and they said, do soft reset and hard reset, and still no luck.

I don't know who should I contact now.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks
Hari

I've had the same issue but with a Pixel 3a phone.

This is what I did for my phone:

First, activate Developer Options in your phone:

1. For Pixel 3a it was Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tap at least 7 times)
  2. Go back to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer Options
  3. Scroll down to 'Bluetooth AVRCP version'. My Pixel was updated to Android 11, so unclear if it changed the AVRCP version. The default was AVRCP 1.5. I changed mine to 1.3.

Now when my phone connects, the audio controls appear again on the screen.

Hope this helps.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,172 Posts
OP hasnt been on in half a decade, so I think this thread can be nixed 👍

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.