Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my CRV at the end of January and now have about 4500 miles on it.

I can't believe how cheap/uncomfortable the leather seats are. I really thought I would get used to them but am not. I sat in a friend's older CRV (2012 maybe?) and it was a higher quality leather. My older Camry had a higher quality leather. I recently sat in a new Pilot and the leather is so much nicer.

I considered buying a seat cushion. Sam's Club had a Sharper Image one that looked very comfortable. My problem is that I am 5'10" and while I don't consider that very tall, I am almost hitting the roof with my head. I have tried every type of adjustment on the seat but instead of lowering like my Camry does, the seat does more of a rocking movement where it tilts the seat backwards once I have gone as low as I can go.

I bought an 8 year warranty on this CRV and for the most part am happy. I have in the past kept my cars for a long time (Camry 11 years, previous car, 8 years). I think it is going to be the cheap seats that will make me want to trade this off in a few years.

I recently sat in a 2015 RAV 4 and their seats are more comfortable.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have an LX with the cloth seats and they are very hard and uncomfortable. So much that I am considering another brand when it comes time to replace my car (the CRV is my wife's). I am surpised by your head clearance issues, I am 6' 3" and there is tons of room for me. So much in fact, that I raised the seat quite a bit to improve leg support, which helps the problem a little. I have full seat pad that I use on my Acura leather seats to keep them clean because I work outside and am sweaty after work. This week I am driving the new CRV to work so I am using the pad in it. I must say that while it does not solve the problem, the extra padding does make a noticeable difference in my seat. I need to search and buy a second for the CRV. I was advised not to buy any new Honda with leather, it's just not worth it as you are finding out, the quality is no longer there. The leather quality in our previous 2004 Honda Pilot was superb. No adverse wear or cracks after all these years. That whole car was better built in every way, but it's gone now. I honestly find the seats more disturbing than the idle vibration, which is also unacceptable. It's a nice enough car, but being used to luxury cars, it's like they gave the whole NVH team the month off while they designed the 2015. This cushion is similar to what I have. http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/9378513/00134

·
Registered
131 Posts
I agree,this the first car that I have owned that pessengers have pointed out how hard the seats are,
it becomes even more noticeable when one owns other cars that have much better seats.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hAve a 2015 EX with cloth seats. Horribly uncomfortable seats which is ridiculous considering the price of the vehicle. My first and last Honda.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'm on my third CRV and have always defended the seat comfort. Always thought they were OK. But recently I had a Dodge Journey rental, and while the vehicle itself was so-so, the seats were incredible. Never again will I be happy in my CRV. Never!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a brand new 2016 CR-V EXL. The seats are thin, hard and just uncomfortable. You'd think for 30K you can have a bit more cushioning! Came from a VW Tiguan with ridiculously luxurious seats. Not happy about this and I honestly don't understand it...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I don't think it is possible to make a seat that is comfortable for everyone. People have different shapes and preferences. The seat that fits me perfectly may be uncomfortable for another. The seats in my 16 EX-L fits me fine but other people may find them uncomfortable. I think me being short and with plenty of built in padding helps.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I've always thought the cloth seats in our 2004 EX CR-V were not very comfortable, just okay. Perfectly fine for short trips, not so good if the trip is longer than 5-6 hours. They are holding up amazingly well too, the car has 200k miles and the seats don't look too different from new.

Then I sat in the seats on the 2017 CR-V and found Honda finally made a good seat. I don't think we will be hearing any complaints about seat comfort of the 5th gen models. Both the leather and the cloth seats seem to have been dramatically redesigned. I think Honda finally listened to all the complaints from past CR-V owners and finally did something right this time. As for wear in the new seats, the fabric on the cloth seats seems very wear resistant, although the fabric used on the doors and center console give me some concern. The leather seems to be top grade (at least for Honda), tightly fitted with lots of extra stitching to prevent the leather from sagging over time. I hope the leather in the 5th Gen holds up well because that's what we have on order.

·
Registered
2017 Honda CRV EXL Molten Lava Red
132 Posts
I love the seats in our 2017 EXL. The leather looks fine and cushioned better than a friends Lexus. the heated seats are new to me, I won't be going back to unheated seats. My Wife and I are both happy about the front seats. The quietness of the car makes complaining seem trivial. the 2017 is a new Standard for Honda. in Vermont heated seats feel wonderful especially with cold damp weather we have had lately.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts