Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I am new and did not see anything about this yet.

The suspension seems to work pretty well on the heavy stuff, but when the road has slight imperfections its as if the shocks (or struts) are to stiff to mellow out anything and it gets sent right into my feet and seat.

is this normal? maybe something is loose, or to tight?

I am having the dealership take a look thursday.. just wanted to get feedback from everyone?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
This will happen if there is WAY too much air in tires?

Hey Guys, I am new and did not see anything about this yet.

The suspension seems to work pretty well on the heavy stuff, but when the road has slight imperfections its as if the shocks (or struts) are to stiff to mellow out anything and it gets sent right into my feet and seat.

is this normal? maybe something is loose, or to tight?

I am having the dealership take a look thursday.. just wanted to get feedback from everyone?

Get a good dial air pressure gauge at an Auto Parts Store and set them to the pressure on the sticker on the door jam, probably 30 cold. This means after sitting for several hours. Best done in morning before driving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have made sure the pressure is to spec (33 COLD) on this one. This issue seems like its the shocks not absorbing any of the bumps (only the large ones)

I have an appointment thursday, i will see what they say. Im sure its "a characteristic"

·
Registered
530 Posts
Welcome to the ride quality with larger wheels - less rubber to absorb the bumps - 17 and 18 inch wheels have a lot less rubber than 15 and 16 inch wheels.

For some stupid reason, people like the look of larger wheels then they gripe about the ride quality. I wish they would go back to 15 inch wheels for the ride quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts