Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried replacing the horn on their 2015 CRV? The factory horn is very week and I was wondering if there are any after market horns available, which are easy to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I have used our horn a number of times on the highways when necessary. At first I too thought it to be weak and not effective. But that is not so. The offending drivers and/or those who needed a warning did notice my horn and took the appropriate action to avoid an accident. So, despite it seeming to be lacking, the horn is very effective.
Yes, the horn could have been better sounding and perhaps louder. I for one would like to have a horn that sounds like a freight train!

·
Everything in Moderation
7,711 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
There are two horns. One up by the front grill, the other is in the lower passenger side bumper cover behind the foglight.

I disconnected both and transferred my 100w speaker inside the front grill with a Whelen PAH112.

Let's just say it moves traffic nicely and rarely results in a middle finger back.

·
Registered
123 Posts
There seems to be three Honda horns to upgrade the OEM horns.
38150-SHJ-A02 (High Horn below the bumper)
38100-SDB-A02 (Low horn behind the grill)
38100-STK-A02 (Accord horn)

Some seem satisfied with replacing only the SDB and the horn behind the bumper (SDB) can be challenging (not difficult, just challenging) to get to. College Park Honda has YouTube videos.

I think I will simply replace the horn behind the grill with the 38100-SDB-A02

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi folks, forum newbie here. I replaced the horn on my wifey's 2016 CR-V with Hella Supertones. I have a set installed on my WRX and on the Fit and figured why not since that horn has saved us from inattentive drivers several times.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the supertones on my '04 WRX and considered putting them into my '16 CRV but decided to just go with the Stebel truck horn instead, if only for the simplicity of mounting one instead of two new horns... I posted a write up elsewhere in the DIY section. So far, I'm very happy with how the horn works and sounds, compared to stock. If the Stebel fails, then at least I have the wiring and relay to plug and play another horn.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I don't disagree that it's not great, tho' way better than on a 2000 Windstar

I've thought about trying this part:
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/38100-SDB-A02.html
(The web navigation breadcrumbs indicate 2012-2014, but the appilcations tab includes 2015.)
Kevin

Got some from them for my HR-V. Big improvement over stock. The Hella horns in my other vehicles are still louder though but over x2 the price as the ones from them.

·
Registered
776 Posts
In today's hypersensitive "climate", I'm thinking it might be prudent to use the horn only when absolutely necessary. Personally, I'd rather not die from lead poisoning. C

1 - 13 of 13 Posts