Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the push button starter and over the past two weeks we have to push the start button up to 6 or 7 times to get the vehicle started. The battery checks good, the accessories all light up and turn on when the button is pushed, it just wont turn the engine over. When it finally does the starter turns just fine.

I have replaced two relays in the fuse box in the engine compartment with no luck. I was considering replacing the push button itself but wanted to see if anyone here could help me. The starter is also a question but given that fact that when it turns freely when it does start I don't feel its the issue.

The starter solenoid possibly? Can I replace that without removing the intake manifold? Is there another relay I am missing that could be the issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sound like exact issue on my crv 15 touring. Checked the battery was good, then next day car wont start (cold weather can kill old battery). Replaced new battery and work fine then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sound like exact issue on my crv 15 touring. Checked the battery was good, then next day car wont start (cold weather can kill old battery). Replaced new battery and work fine then.
Thanks...I am about convinced now that its the park/Neutral switch. Have ask the wife to immediately move the gear shift to neutral and try to start again on hte next no-start occurrence. we'll see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What ended up being the problem? Mine is doing the same thing-but it’s different than when my battery was bad. Usually I only have to press the start button once-last night I pushed 6-7 times.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had the identical vehicle, starter replaced under warranty with "new" part number. It will continue to get worse until starter replaced. Problem was the solenoid on the starter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts