Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just found the site and am excited to be a part of the community. I own a 2015 (lx I believe) awd with around 113k on it. So far the car has proven competent and handles the N.E. Ohio winter better than I was expecting. I got the car at around 95k and the previous owner had little to no maintenance records (I specifically asked about serpentine belt and she said it had not been done) Anything you guys recomend I do service/maintenance wise? Anything known to start failing around this mileage? Any and all help and suggestions would be much appreciated! -Troy

·
Registered
548 Posts
Congratulations! You may need to put this post in the maintenance area to get replies. People here are very friendly and helpful. They will be happy to help you with your questions.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I highly recommend reading your owner's manual's maintenance section. You can also run a search here for that. You may find it time to change transmission and differential fluids, check the brakes, etc. Enjoy that new ride, and keep us posted on how it goes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum! I highly recommend reading your owner's manual's maintenance section. You can also run a search here for that. You may find it time to change transmission and differential fluids, check the brakes, etc. Enjoy that new ride, and keep us posted on how it goes.
Awesome, thank you! Very much appreciated

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome...great group here. My speculation is that you are thinking about the timing belt that was used at one point in time. I believe the 2015 uses a timing chain that doesn't include recommendations for change as the timing belt did. With that being said the replacement of the serpentine belt (so named because it “snakes” around the various pulleys for the alternator, power steering pump, water pump, air conditioning compressor, etc.) is pretty straightforward. I think Honda recommends replacement at a 100K miles but any competent mechanic can inspect it for you if you question its condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts