Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was unhappy with the blank panels on the front of my wife's 2015 CRV LX so I picked up one of the ebay kits to add fog lights. The kit I purchased came with the fog lights, trim panels, and a wiring harness. The only thing missing in terms of the hardware was the sandwich inserts that go into the bumper that allow you to use a screw to mount the fog lights. I had a universal set from the parts store and was able to get the lights mounted without issue. The wiring harness was another story. The harness came in 2 pieces; 1 section for the connections to the bulbs and a ground wire for that and another section with a relay and the wiring to connect to the switch. After much confusion, I ended up figuring out that it just needed a ground connection on both harness pieces (there was a ring terminal on both sections to slip over a bolt for the ground, and then a wire run directly to the battery for the main relay power feed. The last wire was tricky that was a switched 12V source. I ended up soldering a wire to the 7.5amp fuse in the driver kick panel that I tested was truly switched 12v. Overall I'm really happy with how they look and work. I'm sharing this because I hadn't seen any other info here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's the finished product. They look much better than the blank plates that were in there before, IMO. The light they provide is pretty good too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a photo before I did the fog lights and you can see the blank plates where the fog lights are supposed to be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts